The Official Tennis Thread (9 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
@kappa96 why nadal? it's probably because i always considered tennis a gentleman's sport, and i also loved quick tennis with serve any volley. now, nadal is probably the main reason why nobody plays serve and volley, and why players tend to stay on the baseline, without any intention to move forwards. nadal made crazy top spins popular, and killed attacking tennis on the way. he's also a shy person outside the court, but a prick cheering on opponent's mistakes on the court. also, itf deliberately slowed down courts during last decade, and rumors said back then that nadal was behind all of this too. his outbursts against several chair umpires (namely carlos ramos and carlos bernardes) and the way he tried to threaten them showed his true character. him picking his ass before every single serve just adds to the mix.

:boh:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
@kappa96 why nadal? it's probably because i always considered tennis a gentleman's sport, and i also loved quick tennis with serve any volley. now, nadal is probably the main reason why nobody plays serve and volley, and why players tend to stay on the baseline, without any intention to move forwards. nadal made crazy top spins popular, and killed attacking tennis on the way. he's also a shy person outside the court, but a prick cheering on opponent's mistakes on the court. also, itf deliberately slowed down courts during last decade, and rumors said back then that nadal was behind all of this too. his outbursts against several chair umpires (namely carlos ramos and carlos bernardes) and the way he tried to threaten them showed his true character. him picking his ass before every single serve just adds to the mix.

Didn't know the part about the refs.I appreciate him a lot, my favourite tennis player of all time , thx to his work ethic. He doesn't have the talent that Federer has , but his mental fortitude is very strong. He is the greatest defensive player that ever play the game, but I attribute that to a lack of technique.

My wife says the same.One of the reasons she doesn't like and because she is a Federer fan.
"him picking his ass before every single serve just adds to the mix."

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

I love defensive tennis, so Nadal is my favorite.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

This 100%

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Didn't know the part about the refs.I appreciate him a lot, my favourite tennis player of all time , thx to his work ethic. He doesn't have the talent that Federer has , but his mental fortitude is very strong. He is the greatest defensive player that ever play the game, but I attribute that to a lack of technique.

My wife says the same.One of the reasons she doesn't like and because she is a Federer fan.
"him picking his ass before every single serve just adds to the mix."
Also, I was a huge contrarian when I started watching tennis, and Nadal was the only one who could beat Federer, who's was everybody's favorite player.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Also, I was a huge contrarian when I started watching tennis, and Nadal was the only one who could beat Federer, who's was everybody's favorite player.
Never liked Federer, so strange because I liked Pete Sampras. Loved his serve and volley game.In case of Federer it probably was because as you said it he was everyone's favorite.

Anyway Federer Nadal and Djokovic have between them 47 out of 56 grand slams from 2004 onward.
Great generation of tennis players.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
So, Scratch and Sniff is well on his way to winning another French Open crown?

Absolute legend, but I really can't stand the dude :yuck: :inter:
:tup: I hate Nadal as well. Djokovic is cool and alright personality wise in my books but I end up rooting against him regardless of his opponents because of his style. Even Nadal :shifty:

Forza Federer and Delpo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)