The official Italy trip (Juventus) thread (7 Viewers)

Sep 18, 2008
Does anybody know how to get from the station in Turin to the Stadio Olimpico?
I was at the Cagliari match last week, travelled from Milano by train, got off at the Porta Susa station in Torino and took the number 10 bus to Corso Sevastopoli. This drops you right outside the Stadio Olympico (you will see people walking to the game and the stadium will be on your left, you cant miss it). Make sure you walk the right way around the stadium to your seating section, as I ended up walking the whole way round, and I can tell you it is a long way!

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Am planning a trip to Italy late October to watch the Milan-Juve game and possibly catch a Europa League game on the Thursday.

I know you can get tickets online, but can you get them this early ? and is there a chance I could get one next to the juve fans section?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Am planning a trip to Italy late October to watch the Milan-Juve game and possibly catch a Europa League game on the Thursday.

I know you can get tickets online, but can you get them this early ? and is there a chance I could get one next to the juve fans section?
I don't think you can get them this early. It's probably also easier to just be among the Milanisti. Also keep in mind that for some games they ask passports or at least a copy of a passport in advance. When I went to Bologna last year I was fortunate enough to know a guy who could arrange all this for me, but it can be quite a hastle.

For a game of this proportion there always formulas for strangers though..

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I don't think you can get them this early. It's probably also easier to just be among the Milanisti. Also keep in mind that for some games they ask passports or at least a copy of a passport in advance. When I went to Bologna last year I was fortunate enough to know a guy who could arrange all this for me, but it can be quite a hastle.

For a game of this proportion there always formulas for strangers though..
Thanks for the info, my friend tells me there is a slight chance but I wont keep my hopes up

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Another question if anyone could help. Do you know where the juve fans exactly sit in the San siro (tier or level wld all that crap)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Right, I'm looking at going to Italy in a few weeks with a couple of mates.

The plan is to head to Rome to see Lazio-Milan on the Tuesday, head to Turin to see Juve-Palermo on the Thursday, then back to Rome for Roma-Inter on the Saturday.

Any suggestions for hotels in Rome or Turin?

What's the best way to go about getting tickets?

Will the new fan I.D thing mess up everything?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Right, I'm looking at going to Italy in a few weeks with a couple of mates.

The plan is to head to Rome to see Lazio-Milan on the Tuesday, head to Turin to see Juve-Palermo on the Thursday, then back to Rome for Roma-Inter on the Saturday.

Any suggestions for hotels in Rome or Turin?
Plenty in Turin, but what's your price range? Differences can be quite big.

Only been to Rome once, but I'm not going to suggest where I stayed back then. Not a big success :shifty:

What's the best way to go about getting tickets?
Lazio is also through Listicket I believe. Not sure about Roma, you should check their website.
But the Olimpico in Rome is quite big, so normally you should be able to get tickets when you're there, a (few) day(s) before the game.

Will the new fan I.D thing mess up everything?
It most certainly could. Looking at the games you picked, there will surely be extra security measures. These measures could be anything really: only 1 ticket sold per person, no away team fans allowed, no online ticket sales, tickets only available to people who have a fan ID, ...

Usually (last season at least), the fan ID thing is not applicable to foreigners, meaning that you're still able to buy a ticket if you're not an Italian citizen.
There are exceptions to that rule however.

For example, if there's any sort of crowd trouble in the week(s) before those games, they'll probably be very strict and you'll end up being screwed.
Case in point: last season's Juve - Atalanta game. Regulations were as strict as they can be and there was no way of getting a ticket without the fan ID.

Problem is that you'll never know these things in due time. The Osservatorio usually only communicates the measures about a week before the game, 10 days at the very most.

I'd keep an eye on the clubs' websites to check for any press releases.
Also make sure to visit http://www.osservatoriosport.interno.it/istituzione.html once in a while. They tend to give all the details, something which the clubs don't always do.

Shoot, if you have any other questions.

kikina270

Sep 2, 2010
Hi All,

I would like some information on purchasing 2 tickets to watch a home match in Turin - Juventus vs Fiorentina (28th November 2010) in particular as I have already booked the flights for that date.

This is going to be a suprise present, so personally I have no idea how the ticketing system works with Seria A matches in Italy.

I have read that one can get the tickets from Listicket.it but I cannot find the match tickets for sale there. How long in advance will they start selling them usually? And will I be able to purchase them online since I do not live in Italy?

Other than that i also heard that one can buy the tickets from selected bilgietterias - ticket shops. Since I will be arriving early in the morning on the day of the match do you think there will be a possibilty or no chance at all to find match tickets on the day?

Your help is greatly appreaciated :)

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Red, I've been to Rome a few times and always stay near the railway station (Termini). The area doesn't always get the best wrap but I don't really know why. It's not that close to the Olimpico but being right near the Train station and Subway it's really easy to get around. Also it's in walking distance from a lot of Rome's major attractions.

As far as particular hotels goes, unless you're looking to spend real big $$ then they're all the same. Fairly old and really bad breakfasts but more than suitable for just a couple of days.

Enjoy your trip!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Red, I've been to Rome a few times and always stay near the railway station (Termini). The area doesn't always get the best wrap but I don't really know why. It's not that close to the Olimpico but being right near the Train station and Subway it's really easy to get around. Also it's in walking distance from a lot of Rome's major attractions.

As far as particular hotels goes, unless you're looking to spend real big $$ then they're all the same. Fairly old and really bad breakfasts but more than suitable for just a couple of days.

Enjoy your trip!
:tup:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Plenty in Turin, but what's your price range? Differences can be quite big.
Looking for pretty cheap places.

Location is more important than the quality of the hotel.

Lazio is also through Listicket I believe. Not sure about Roma, you should check their website.
But the Olimpico in Rome is quite big, so normally you should be able to get tickets when you're there, a (few) day(s) before the game.
Apparently Roma tickets are sold in the AS Roma stores in the city, so shouldn't be too hard to get hold of.

It most certainly could. Looking at the games you picked, there will surely be extra security measures. These measures could be anything really: only 1 ticket sold per person, no away team fans allowed, no online ticket sales, tickets only available to people who have a fan ID, ...

Usually (last season at least), the fan ID thing is not applicable to foreigners, meaning that you're still able to buy a ticket if you're not an Italian citizen.
There are exceptions to that rule however.

For example, if there's any sort of crowd trouble in the week(s) before those games, they'll probably be very strict and you'll end up being screwed.
Case in point: last season's Juve - Atalanta game. Regulations were as strict as they can be and there was no way of getting a ticket without the fan ID.

Problem is that you'll never know these things in due time. The Osservatorio usually only communicates the measures about a week before the game, 10 days at the very most.

I'd keep an eye on the clubs' websites to check for any press releases.
Also make sure to visit http://www.osservatoriosport.interno.it/istituzione.html once in a while. They tend to give all the details, something which the clubs don't always do.

Shoot, if you have any other questions.
Other folk have said that the new fan I.D thing doesn't apply to foreigners, so as long as I keep my passport on me, it should be okay.

I'm sure I'll pester you with some more things nearer the time. :tup:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Then the Termini is all you need for that. You can probably score a deal with someone at the station as you pull in willing to compete with the next guy.

You might stay in a place where the trannies hang out late at night, but you'll be fine.

Apparently Roma tickets are sold in the AS Roma stores in the city, so shouldn't be too hard to get hold of.
Yep. It's been a while since I've been there, but they aren't too hard to find and there are several.

Have fun!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Then the Termini is all you need for that. You can probably score a deal with someone at the station as you pull in willing to compete with the next guy.

You might stay in a place where the trannies hang out late at night, but you'll be fine.
Words of wisdom, as usual. :D

Yep. It's been a while since I've been there, but they aren't too hard to find and there are several.

Have fun!
Ta.

kikina270

Sep 2, 2010
Read the post three posts above yours.
''The tickets are best purchased online via www.listicket.it, they are releases on Mondays before the matches'' I do not live in Italy how can I get them on time before leaving for the match, and if I do not book them online, will there be ticket booth for sale before the match or is it risky? thanks =]

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

Cheapest, decent one I've stayed at is Hotel Urbani. Very close to the Porta Nuova (station), walking distance from anything you might want to visit (except for the old Fiat factory, currently a shopping mall).

Try booking it through www.booking.com, that's cheaper than booking directly with the hotel.

Other folk have said that the new fan I.D thing doesn't apply to foreigners, so as long as I keep my passport on me, it should be okay.

I'm sure I'll pester you with some more things nearer the time. :tup:
Yep, but like I said, there's always the possibility of extra security measures and then it won't matter if you're a foreigner.
My biggest problem with the entire thing is the fact that there just doesn't seem to be any logic behind it. Not at all.

''The tickets are best purchased online via www.listicket.it, they are releases on Mondays before the matches'' I do not live in Italy how can I get them on time before leaving for the match, and if I do not book them online, will there be ticket booth for sale before the match or is it risky? thanks =]
If you book them online (and obviously pay for them) the tickets will be waiting for you at the stadium on the day of the match. Just go up to the correct booth (prepaid tickets), show them your passport & proof of your order (to be printed after ordering them online) and you'll receive them.

kikina270

Sep 2, 2010
Cheapest, decent one I've stayed at is Hotel Urbani. Very close to the Porta Nuova (station), walking distance from anything you might want to visit (except for the old Fiat factory, currently a shopping mall).

Try booking it through www.booking.com, that's cheaper than booking directly with the hotel.

Yep, but like I said, there's always the possibility of extra security measures and then it won't matter if you're a foreigner.
My biggest problem with the entire thing is the fact that there just doesn't seem to be any logic behind it. Not at all.

If you book them online (and obviously pay for them) the tickets will be waiting for you at the stadium on the day of the match. Just go up to the correct booth (prepaid tickets), show them your passport & proof of your order (to be printed after ordering them online) and you'll receive them.
Very kind of you to help Buck Fuddy, I will do that, thank you very much. One lasq question. Is it easy to get a ticket online when they go on sale please? Like in the English Premier league it is not very easy. How is it in Italy? If they go on sale on Monday and try to purchase them on that date, shall I have a problem? (in your opinion) I have seen tickets for that match online from other websites but I'm pretty sure theyre trying to rip me off asking 175 euro for a 20euro face value ticket.

Thanks so much for your help, Best wishes from Malta

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Cheers, I'll have a look at it.

Ah, well. Just have to see how it goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)