The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (310 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
Juventus: We Will Take Cassano!
8/12/2005 8:15:00 AM
Lapo Elkann revealed Luciano Moggi’s plans for the Roma forward.
After months of denials, the Old Lady is finally admitting the interest in Antonio Cassano. This revelation arrived through Lapo Elkann, responsible for the Fiat brand and nephew of the late Agnelli.

“Juventus will take him and we want him on a free transfer. We shall put him in line. To win everything we need Cassano."

These declarations will surely anger Moggi who had been rebuffing the claims of a Juve interest in Cassano. However Elkann has always been a fan of the former Bari player and sponsored his arrival to the Turin-based club on more than one occasion. This time he went a step forward by revealing Moggi’s plans of obtaining him on a free transfer next season when his contract with Roma expires.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
No, it could possibly be a deal that will see our players move this season, Miccoli and Chiellini perhaps. And Cassano will stay on loan at Roma till 2006. Either way, a 2006 arrival will work best for us. Del Piero will get another year at Juve, Mutu will have an entire season to show his worth while the remaining attacking line up will remain a well balanced one. I dont know why, but I feel Moggi will be tempted to bring him in this season itself. Besides, its hard to see any sort of understanding like that to work out for the player involved. Once Roma know he's not going to re-sign, they can do what they want with him, and ruin his game by keeping him on the bench or not letting him play entire games. The crowds will boo him consistently. I dont see such a clause working out, as much as it would be the best way to go.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
capello's stay at juve has got a lot to do with when cassano arrives.lets assume that we win the CL this season.i doubt wether capello will be here next season if we do manage to win the CL.his job at juventus will be over.
so this season shud be the right time to bring cassano in,so that he has ample time to adjust under cassano,and also so that he stays at juventus when capello leaves.

Juno

Escape Artist
Apr 23, 2005
Roma threaten rebel Cassano
Friday 12 August, 2005
The contract dispute between Antonio Cassano and Roma has reached a head as the club threatens to freeze him out if he doesn’t sign a renewal.

“We will only consider him to be a Roma player if he renews his deal,” warned director Rosella Sensi this afternoon. “Now we are waiting to know what his intentions are.”

The starlet’s current deal expires in June 2006 and he has been hesitant over accepting new terms. Yesterday Juventus patron Lapo Elkann let slip the reasons behind that approach – they wish to take him on a free transfer next summer.

“We have made an important offer to Cassano, even when we were locked down by FIFA’s transfer embargo, which proves how much we care for Antonio,” continued the daughter of President Franco Sensi.

“Now we are waiting for him to tell us if he has any intention of signing a new deal. We will only consider him to be a Roma player if he renews his contract. It is true our offer is different to the one we put on the table in February, but it remains competitive and in line with the kind of wages that, for example, Milan gave to Alberto Gilardino.”

There are reports that money is not the issue for Cassano, who has made it clear on a number of occasions that he wishes to be reunited with Fabio Capello in Turin.

Director General Luciano Moggi insisted Juventus had no plans to make a bid for the Italian international, but Elkann admitted the real strategy to journalists on Thursday. “We want to take Cassano on a free transfer, then we’ll keep him in check. Juve can win everything, but to do that they need Cassano.”

This brings the issue back to Roma patron Sensi, who sent out a veiled warning to the temperamental player.

“It is in his own interests to sign the contract so that he can play in a relaxed state of mind. If he is wracked with uncertainty over his future, then he won’t perform well on the pitch and that will hurt Roma. We have faith he will make the right decision.”

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
seems like the scene is a bit clear now.....
juve hinted to sign cassano for free next season, and threaten roma to lose him for nothing.
roma may forced to sell him in this summer, but i doubt they are willing to sell him to juve.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I`m thinking of a staright swap Cassano-Miccoli
actually I`m not too sure if I want him at Juve I`m a bit confused cause I think he is a great player but I still doubt his ability to become something amazing but I`m not ruling it out
so I don`t know...

About Mancini I hope he comes cause he is a really great player which I rate highly and he is also very fast and to tell you the truth I don`t think we have many fast players in our team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 310)