The NBA Thread (48 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Having wings is going to be a disadvantage when it comes to travelling.

So how good can this Zion kid be?
He’s very athletic and seems like a hard worker so he should be fine.

I don’t think he’ll be superstar level but you never know. He has no shot and doesn’t seem like much passing either but that’s stuff that can be learned.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
@zizinho @CR 7

Like this pick we bought in the second round. Kid needs to work on his body and footwork a bit, but otherwise he's got great measurables and a fair bit of talent. There was an article about him on a Lakers blog the other day as a player we should buy a second round pick to draft.

And this from an espn draft analyst:

First round talent. 7'1 wingspan and 9.75" hands. :weee:

Lol of course he's a Lakers draft pick so he'll never amount to anything. :lol2:
I know nothing about him other than what you just wrote. Looks like a cheap roster spot that might turn into a valuable contributor. Hope he does well

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Zion can be a star in this league once his baby fat turns into lean muscle. This kid plays defense on a level that will be All NBA Elite much sooner than later.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Plus they have assets to add talent in the future. Crazy the turn around of that franchise in an instant.
I heard they will trade Jrue away though. Would make sense considering he doesent fit age wise and he himself said he only stayed there because of AD. I hope they keep him, gonna be an exciting team to watch

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Pelicans should probably kept the 4th and used it tho. They traded down to 8th and picked Hayes as rim running non shooting center. Seems really bad fit with Zion and there were better talents left on the board.

Plus as promising as their core is, essentially their entire starting 5 dont have a single reliable shooter.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Pelicans should probably kept the 4th and used it tho. They traded down to 8th and picked Hayes as rim running non shooting center. Seems really bad fit with Zion and there were better talents left on the board.

Plus as promising as their core is, essentially their entire starting 5 dont have a single reliable shooter.
I think they got a good package for the 4th pick as I didn't see an obvious guy there. But the Hayes pick was bad, I agree. Maybe should have picked Reddish at 8 instead.

But #17 they got Alexander-Walker :tuttosport:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah I expected us (Wolves) to get NAW at 11th before we traded up, so Pelicans getting him at 17 is very nice find.

Pelicans could taken Garland (super guard talent) or even even very high floor complete wing like Hunter with 4th. But I understand drafting away the 4th because they got like 4 picks for it? 3 this draft and one future one. Hawks were too eager there.

But also lucky Reddish dropped to 10th for them, not sure why Pelicans at 8th, or Wizards at 9th passed him up.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Yeah I expected us (Wolves) to get NAW at 11th before we traded up, so Pelicans getting him at 17 is very nice find.

Pelicans could taken Garland (super guard talent) or even even very high floor complete wing like Hunter with 4th. But I understand drafting away the 4th because they got like 4 picks for it? 3 this draft and one future one. Hawks were too eager there.

But also lucky Reddish dropped to 10th for them, not sure why Pelicans at 8th, or Wizards at 9th passed him up.
I think they like the Jrue/Lonzo style fit beside Zion and Ingram instead of a ball dominant guard like Garland. That's just my guess, otherwise Garland is probably the best talent at #4.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Have you seen his offensive game and lateral movement?

That's ok. He hasn't either.

- - - Updated - - -
Nope, I just started hearing about him late in the NCAA playoffs and people hyping him up on social media and stuff.. I thought he was Bol Bol type and level of a player and since Bol got drafted was just wondering why he didnt and maybe some of you more avid NBA fans heard of any rumors of him getting a contract.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Nope, I just started hearing about him late in the NCAA playoffs and people hyping him up on social media and stuff.. I thought he was Bol Bol type and level of a player and since Bol got drafted was just wondering why he didnt and maybe some of you more avid NBA fans heard of any rumors of him getting a contract.
Nah he just Bol, without the other Bol

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Not sure what baby fat you’re talking about, he’s too jacked as it is

84EC1A99-FEAD-462A-A0D4-E4F67EDE7135.jpeg
Baby fat was probably a bad choice of words. How about this. He needs to slim down a little. He's too big to be that explosive all the time. The stress it will put on his body will do him some serious damage down the line

- - - Updated - - -

Bol Bol has legitimate NBA 3 point range.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Bol Bol is talented, his small weight, motor/drive and injury issues is reason why he wasnt a top 10 pick, let alone 44th. If he works hard and stays healthy he will be a major steal.

Tacko Fall is just freakishly tall, doesnt even have basic basketball skills besides standing under rim blocking or putting in loose balls.

And he is not suppose to be much more either, in college basketball wasnt his main focus but was there for education in engineering. Getting attention and focus for NCAA was a surprise for him, swathing away the ball against Zion and rest of Duke elite players, headline grabbing games. But I very much doubt he will have real time in NBA, other then 10 day contracts like the one he has now with Celtics.

If giants like Boban Marjanovic who are legit decent Bigs have little to no chance to get minutes in the league, because he is simply too slow to keep up with everyone else, cant see any hope for Tacko Fall. Besides being tallest player in basketball since Manute Bol.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Baby fat was probably a bad choice of words. How about this. He needs to slim down a little. He's too big to be that explosive all the time. The stress it will put on his body will do him some serious damage down the line

- - - Updated - - -

Bol Bol has legitimate NBA 3 point range.
Good points, I agree. He’s really explosive so having too much weight can result in injuries.

- - - Updated - - -

Bol Bol is talented, his small weight, motor/drive and injury issues is reason why he wasnt a top 10 pick, let alone 44th. If he works hard and stays healthy he will be a major steal.

Tacko Fall is just freakishly tall, doesnt even have basic basketball skills besides standing under rim blocking or putting in loose balls.

And he is not suppose to be much more either, in college basketball wasnt his main focus but was there for education in engineering. Getting attention and focus for NCAA was a surprise for him, swathing away the ball against Zion and rest of Duke elite players, headline grabbing games. But I very much doubt he will have real time in NBA, other then 10 day contracts like the one he has now with Celtics.

If giants like Boban Marjanovic who are legit decent Bigs have little to no chance to get minutes in the league, because he is simply too slow to keep up with everyone else, cant see any hope for Tacko Fall. Besides being tallest player in basketball since Manute Bol.
Boban is amazing :heart:

But yeah, decent at best and why he didn’t see any time during the playoffs. Too slow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 41)