The King of Limbs - Radiohead's new album (1 Viewer)

OP

Nedvěd

• Thread Starter #21
    I Listened to the Eraser this morning and now I'm listening to it again so get myself ready for TKoL as I have a feeling from Lotus Flower than it's more of a Thom Yorke album than a Radiohead album.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    I don't like most of the album and I don't like most of Thom's music nowadays. Miss the good old melodic Radiohead. Still, some good moments in it, particularly in second part of album.

OP

Nedvěd

• Thread Starter #24
    I don't like most of the album and I don't like most of Thom's music nowadays. Miss the good old melodic Radiohead. Still, some good moments in it, particularly in second part of album.
    I'll take it that you didn't like The Eraser, right? I didn't like Thom's music first, but it really grew on me and now I love The Eraser an Thom's other solo projects. You need to give Thom's work time and you'll fall inlove with it.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    The Eraser was a good project for Thom, I loved the Latitude 2009 concert which had many Eraser songs in it (all over youtube and available in DVD). This new album though is a lot harder to listen to, you really have to be in the right mood to not consider turning it off after first 2-3 songs.

OP

Nedvěd

• Thread Starter #26
    The Eraser was a good project for Thom, I loved the Latitude 2009 concert which had many Eraser songs in it (all over youtube and available in DVD). This new album though is a lot harder to listen to, you really have to be in the right mood to not consider turning it off after first 2-3 songs.
    Agree with this. I'm now listening to Lotus Flower. When I started listening to Bloom I was like 'WTF is this shit' then mistakenly I unplugged me laptop of the charger and it went to sleep, I plugged the charger again and I wanted to start listening again, then I clicked to see how much of Bloom I listened in the first time and I realized that I listened for more than a minute of it, and I was like 'aww do I have to play this song again> :-(' but it got much better towards the end, it was kinda atmospheric and I was starting at the artwork during that song, but the 2nd track is poor, 3rd one is good and the 4th one 'feral' has a nice bassline and drumming but what the fuck is it? I wouldn't count it as a song.

Gonna continuo listening, hopefully the album gets better.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Fliakis IS THAT YOU?

anyway the bends is absolute triumph of an album and while OK Computer is a fantastic album it always feels a little self indulgent to me,a sign of things to come
    Fli is the biggest faptastic Radiohead fanboy I can think of. ;)

OK Computer just didn't thrill me for some reason. Oddly I liked The Bends and Kid-A both better.

OP

Nedvěd

• Thread Starter #31
    Listened to it around 12 times, (about 7 times I was asleep) as I can say that it's a good album but lacks a standout track, it's better to listen to it as an album from the start till the end, theren't any track that is worth to listen to it alone.

Sucks balls. Sort of like Man United fans.
    I'll take that as a complement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)