The Hobbit (1 Viewer)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
The main part of the story is not the killing of the dragon. It's a great story and one all children should know about.

Forza_Juve as far as I remember, Smeagol was a hobbit and a river folk. In fact hobbits were all scared of water and could not swim except these river folks, that's why they were snobbed by the other hobbits.

Aug 27, 2003
ok so hes a half river flk and half hobbit??
if thats what ur sayyi theenn oooh ok..never knew that!
anyways i dont get tolkiend u know how elves r short he made them tall thats wierd..anyways..the hobbit would be less of intrest to many since legolas and argorn aint in the move "sigh"

OP
Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #26
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    if the story is about killing dragons.. sigh... might as well make a movie out of a book called eragon, its excellent
    As Zizou says it's not really about killing a Dragon. Maybe I gave that part of the story too much emphasis (hey...good qualifications for being a director then he,he). It's primarily about an attempt by the Dwarfs to reclaim a vast fortune which was taken from them when one of their Kingdoms was destroyed by a Dragon. Gandalf, for whatever reason, choses Bilbo Baggins of the Shire to be the group thief.

The Hobbit brings Sting, Glamdrig (I think?) and the Mithril Coat that saves Frodo's life into the stories of the Wars of the Rings.

It's written in a different style to TLOTR as it was intended as a childrens book....so suits me then:dontcare:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)