The Forum (1 Viewer)

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
D'you not think Juventuz.com and the forum alike are tired and old graphically?
What would it take to reJUVEnate it all with new players, new colours and a fresher overall look? Couple of hours tops, spread out over a weekend or something.
I think the dated GUI is a real put-off truth be told, I find myself cringing at the oldness on a regular basis. I for one would gladly volunteer to give a helping hand if you decide to redecorate..

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Pete

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    I meant the Forum/Site banner, the images that appear next to the headlines etc. It's as if the place is stuck in a timewarp or something.
    I reckon this sort of thing should be updated every season or so. It keeps you on your feet and shows the club is evidently still going places, our community moves with the times and the changes that our club experiences.

Saphire_diablo

Feb 29, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Muscolino9 ] ++
    I meant the Forum/Site banner, the images that appear next to the headlines etc. It's as if the place is stuck in a timewarp or something.
    I reckon this sort of thing should be updated every season or so. It keeps you on your feet and shows the club is evidently still going places, our community moves with the times and the changes that our club experiences.
    Ohh.. I see..
    I think you are talking about the layouts of the forum.

Yeah, those banner need to be updated once in a season.
    Good thing if you want to (and can) help the forum owner change the pics.

OP
    Pete

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    you mean the old "the meeting place for all Juventini" ?
    Yes. Aswell as all the tired crappy pictures of Zizou and adolescent Del Piero that crop up here, there and everywhere. It desperately needs a makeover.

OP
    Pete

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Saphire_diablo ] ++

Ohh.. I see..
    I think you are talking about the layouts of the forum.

Yeah, those banner need to be updated once in a season.
    Good thing if you want to (and can) help the forum owner change the pics.
    Now you're with me! :thumb:

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    nah, I like this forum as it is. In fact, its got my favourite colour scheme and is soo simplistic. Trust me, other forums either look too messy or too eyecandy. This forum is perfect.

The only thing that could be redone, is the top banner. But that's about it. :|

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Muscolino9 ] ++
    D'you not think Juventuz.com and the forum alike are tired and old graphically?
    What would it take to reJUVEnate it all with new players, new colours and a fresher overall look? Couple of hours tops, spread out over a weekend or something.
    I think the dated GUI is a real put-off truth be told, I find myself cringing at the oldness on a regular basis. I for one would gladly volunteer to give a helping hand if you decide to redecorate..
    Youve been here for 2 months give or take, and you are already complaining about the look of a forum you didn't pay to join?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    In my youth (yes I'm an old man now) I used to redo the design every 2 months cause I got bored with it. Then at one point I didn't feel the need to change it anymore, I finally had something I was happy with. And that's the same design you see on the site today, from 3 years back. Of course it could be changed, I agree it looks a tad outdated but I'm just not into that stuff anymore, I've contemplated redesigning a bunch of times but never convinced myself I have something better to replace this one with. So it never got a foothold and now I don't plan to do anything with it. When it comes to the outdated pictures, I see that as nostalgia. :cool:

OP
    Pete

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    I respect the amount of work you put into the site, Martin and I am DEFINITELY not questioning your work rate by this thread but the nostalgic feel was there when I first joined up (a short time ago in comparison to some) - it's just that now the look and feel of the site really looks neglected.

OP
    Pete

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20
    The 'biggest English speaking Juventus community' surely shouldn't be left neglected, graphically or otherwise..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)