The Financial Situation (25 Viewers)

Mar 3, 2014
Just to be clear... this 400M new capital is in response to the 320M loss reported for pandemic...

So, do not expect that we have 400M to use in new signings :grin::snoop:
Yes but we had previously raised €300M to invest in growth. That all went to pandemic. It estimates the pandemic impact at €320M from 2019-2022. So now we’re raising an additional €400M. Crudely €80M of the new money should be free + the original €300M so ~€380M for “investment”.

Maybe €380M is high given they did spend some money in 2020 for growth but given that the previous capital raise was primarily insurance for the pandemic, there should be a portion of the funds used for growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Yes but we had previously raised €300M to invest in growth. That all went to pandemic. It estimates the pandemic impact at €320M from 2019-2022. So now we’re raising an additional €400M. Crudely €80M of the new money should be free + the original €300M so ~€380M for “investment”.

I think you are forgetting that we have previous loss figures... for what I understand the 320M is ONLY becouse of the pandemic, the loses that we have been reporting before that are not included...

As far as I understand this 400M is only to balance our finances...

Mar 3, 2014
I think you are forgetting that we have previous loss figures... for what I understand the 320M is ONLY becouse of the pandemic, the loses that we have been reporting before that are not included...

As far as I understand this 400M is only to balance our finances...
Disagree. If it had said “pandemic losses for 2021-2022”, I’d have been less optimistic but because they’re including 2019-2022 and we know that the previous capital injection meant for growth was used to deal with pandemic losses, some of this new capital should be allocated to what the original capital raise was for.

From Agnelli: “In January we launched a €300m capital increase that had three targets: maintain sporting competitiveness, increase brand visibility with a medium-term investment plan and financial consolidation. But we used that money in a way we didn’t expect to [due to Covid].”

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Well if thats the case... and I hope you are correct... I guess tomorrow or by the end of this week we should be seen that we have reach an agreement with Sassuolo to buy Locatelli for 40M straight forward without loan or inclusion of players... :xfingers::grin:

we will have to wait and see ;)

Jun 16, 2020
1625072646161.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Disagree. If it had said “pandemic losses for 2021-2022”, I’d have been less optimistic but because they’re including 2019-2022 and we know that the previous capital injection meant for growth was used to deal with pandemic losses, some of this new capital should be allocated to what the original capital raise was for.

From Agnelli: “In January we launched a €300m capital increase that had three targets: maintain sporting competitiveness, increase brand visibility with a medium-term investment plan and financial consolidation. But we used that money in a way we didn’t expect to [due to Covid].”

I hope that you’re right. It would basically bring us back to the previous pre-covid position and it kinda make sense. We also avoided a financial catastrophe with the plusvalenza deals of Pjanic, Tongya etc.

Either way I don’t expect us to suddenly have a more expensive squad than the previous years. We learned a hard lesson with the high salaries, but lesson learned doesn’t mean problems solved. We still have to find a solution for Rugani, Ramsey, De Sciglio, Bernardeschi etc etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw we should be really grateful to the Agnelli/Elkann family, and Allegri for being very loyal. Look what happened to Inter; financial difficulties and Conte leaves them immediately, and they sacrificed Hakimi.

If we look to the past with Moratti and Berlusconi who left their clubs with many problems and they sold them to shady foreigners, it makes me realize that we’re in a very lucky position to have a loyal president and a manager who returned despite the difficulties. We were an inch away of becoming the next Milan.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)