The decline since 2015. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Please guys this is a serious discussion so please let's keep the memes, copy pastas and jokes out of this. Mods please don't lock this thread as i think it's good place to keep the discussion about squad flopping and wages out of player and transfer thread.

I see lots of off topic discussion going on in the player threads regarding who is to blame for the decline of the team. some people think it's the board, and some thing it's Ronaldo's wages.

While I do think the board had to work around Ronaldo's massive salary to sign players, the purpose of this thread is to show that the decline of Juve was happening long before Ronaldo came here.

so lets have a look at the signings since 2015. lets see who was brought in and who's still here. who has proven valuable and who hasn't:

BEFORE Ronaldo in:
Khedira 2015
Hernanes 2015
Lemina 2015
Rugani 2015
Sturaro 2015
Mandzukic 2015
Dybala 2015
Cuadrado 2015
Zaza 2015
Sandro 2015
Neto 2015
Benatia 2016
Dani Alves 2016
Pjanic 2016
Pjaca 2016
Higuain 2016
De Sciglio 2016
Howedes 2016
Szczesny 2017
Bentancur 2017
Bernardeschi 2017
Matuidi 2017
Douglas Costa 2017

AFTER Ronaldo in:
Perin 2018
Cancelo 2018
Spinazzola 2018
Bonucci 2018
Caceres 2019
Buffon 2019
Danilo 2019
Demiral 2019
Rabiot 2019
Ramsey 2019
De Ligt 2019
Arthur 2020
Chiesa 2020
Kulusevski 2020
Morata 2020
Mckennie 2020

now some of those signings were nothing more than back ups for short term like Caceres. and some were just free options for non important positions like Neto as free back up goalie.

so let's look at the signings pre ronaldo. how many of them are still relevant to Juve now? Dybala, Cuadrado and Szczesny. that's it from 23 players signed for the first team since 2015 till 2018 only 3 players have proven worthy of wearing the juventus shirt up until now. and the sad part is? none of them are midfielders to replace the legendary MVPP. Also let's be honest, no one would be upset if Bentancur or Berna or Sandro was sold.

but let's make it more fair because sometimes signings are signed to have short term impact (between a season and 2 lets say. anything more than that I'd say is long term when footballing world is considered) so who was worth it for the short term? Khedira considering he joined on free was pretty good in his first 2 seasons. Pjanic too. Sandro as well. Dani Alves, Benatia were both good as well.

but what about the other short term and long term signings?

Lemina? flop
Zaza? flop
Rincon? did he ever even start a match?
De Sciglio? flop
Costa? Always injured so flop
Hernanes? flop
Sturaro? flop
Berna? flop
Rugani? flop
Pjaca? flop
Higuain? considering fee and due to only being good 2 seasons and 1 horrible season? flop
Bentancur? flop

now, it's normal that every club goes through signings that are mediocre or bad. this isn't to try and show that Juve was only club doing bad signings.

my point is that Juve was doing bad signings for YEARS before they got Ronaldo. for 3 seasons to be exact. they didn't need Ronaldo's wages as an excuse to sign awful players like De Sciglio, Hernanes, Rugani, or Lemina. or mediocre ones like Matuidi. this summer will be 5 years since we had Pogba, and 6 years since we had Vidal and Pirlo. we still haven't replace even a single one of them with a similar quality player in midfield.

the streak of bad signing only continued since Ronaldo. Bonucci, Ramsey, Rabiot, Perin, Kulu have all flopped. Jury is still out on Demiral and Mckennie long term. only De Ligt, Danilo, and Chiesa, and Buffon have proven truly valuable for this team.

- - - Updated - - -

@Dominic @Osman @Cerval @DAiDEViL @Boksic thoughts

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)