The best club coach ever (4 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If we are talking about what he won etc. then he is one of the best.. But If we are talking about best as "beautiful style" or "tactics" then he isn't.
If you are talking great football then Rinus Michels should get a mention for having a major hand in the dvelopment of total football.

He also won the European Cup with Ajax and got Holland to 1974 WC final.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 7, 2004
@Lawnchair Bes, I didn't tell you not to comment on my posts. But if you want to discuss anything, don't please put religious or political viewpoint in the middle. And when someone asks you, you've to answer him with a proper answer not to ask another question not related to the whole topic.

By the way, this isn't your first time to negative rep me without even discussing me.

The first one was on an openning post of a match thread for no reason "You suck and you can't speak italian"

The second one is now "Stop talking" for expressing my viewpoint and I wasn't even talking to you.

Anyways, I'm not going to do the same. Grow up, lad.

check with the moderators, i never negative rep anyone, not even rep anyone

i tell you those things in your face, dont need to do it anonimously

i got negative repped too "moratti's hound" and it didnt think it was you

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
check with the moderators, i never negative rep anyone, not even rep anyone

i tell you those things in your face, dont need to do it anonimously

i got negative repped too "moratti's hound" and it didnt think it was you
Me as well, I never negative repped you before, and generally I don't do this.

As for my mistake, I apologise.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Personally I'd go with Sir Lippi for the following reasons:
A- He was outstandingly sucessful with Juventus and won every possibly trophy to win.
B- He was successful with Italy and won the world cup
C- He was successful with three different Juventus teams, 1- the Viall/Paolo Sosai era, 2- The period were Zidane was there, 3- The period were Nedved was there (all had Del Piero :D ).
D- During the Lippi years Juventus did not have Big money as Inter, Milan, Man U, Chelsea (curently), Bayern ..etc. Never the less he led Juventus to be the strongest club in europe and maybe the world.
E- He has proven that what the Italian National Team needs is a good coach. They have the best players in the world. They've always had. But they rarely were maanged by a proper coach.
F- He is the best tactician in the world. Inside game manipulation was his thing. You all remembers changing Zambrotta from left to right or vice versa, shifting to Thuram to the centre back, shifting Del Piero from playing inside to playing wide to playing inside again.. etc or even with at the world cup for an example the germany game where he loosened up the midfield and strengthened the back and front because he read the game right and so no purpose for alot of midfielders since the game style has changed.
G- Knows his players and knows how to deal with them.
H- Led italy to the world cup in the worst year ever to strike the italian football where many ruled them out. He managed to unite the players under one roof.. his roof.
I- Because he has coached Juventus :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Personally I'd go with Sir Lippi for the following reasons:
A- He was outstandingly sucessful with Juventus and won every possibly trophy to win.
So have about ten other managers.

B- He was successful with Italy and won the world cup
This thread is about club football, not country. Put this in front of a judge and jury and they'll throw it out immediately.

C- He was successful with three different Juventus teams, 1- the Viall/Paolo Sosai era, 2- The period were Zidane was there, 3- The period were Nedved was there (all had Del Piero :D ).
It's actually two eras and "seven" different Juventus teams.

D- During the Lippi years Juventus did not have Big money as Inter, Milan, Man U, Chelsea (curently), Bayern ..etc. Never the less he led Juventus to be the strongest club in europe and maybe the world.
We had more money than Bayern at least.

E- He has proven that what the Italian National Team needs is a good coach. They have the best players in the world. They've always had. But they rarely were maanged by a proper coach.
This has nothing to do with management at the club level. And Italy has never always had the best players in the world.

F- He is the best tactician in the world. Inside game manipulation was his thing. You all remembers changing Zambrotta from left to right or vice versa, shifting to Thuram to the centre back, shifting Del Piero from playing inside to playing wide to playing inside again.. etc or even with at the world cup for an example the germany game where he loosened up the midfield and strengthened the back and front because he read the game right and so no purpose for alot of midfielders since the game style has changed.
He is indeed a good tactician, but declarative statements are not proof of anything besides an opinion.

G- Knows his players and knows how to deal with them.
As do many other managers.

H- Led italy to the world cup in the worst year ever to strike the italian football where many ruled them out. He managed to unite the players under one roof.. his roof.
Most of your arguments are based upon his World Cup Achievements. We're talking about club football here.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
I'm waiting for that.
Finally Datolo in, Cardozo is not playing at good level. Datolo should be playing in his place.

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
Best Coach? Has Serse Cosmi, recently linked with Juve as coach, (unbelievable!) found his true vocation in life? The Mediaset text service this morning told us that in the Italian cartoon version of "Space Family Robinson," Cosmi plays the part originally done by Don Hall. We're told the Cosmi version comes complete with baseball cap and football scarf. (I wonder which one) I fell apart laughing when I read this....can't wait to see it! Carlo D.

Nov 21, 2006
really i think its capello even up till now check out what he is doing 4 madrid now. i thought cobogli,secco and blanc will wait 4 him and bring him back 2 d club. all d same i hope ranieri can take us back 2 our glorious days so we can teach inter and ibrahimovic a bitter lesson of soccer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)