The Azzurrini (U21-20-19...) Thread (10 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Do you ever see the Victory Shield (School boy Home Internationals)?

England usually win, because they pack their team out with giants and athletes.

Scotland in the last couple of years have been miles ahead of England when it has come to technique, but haven't had the physique to back it up and win.

Still, if Scotland are putting the emphasis on technique at that age and England are not, things are more likely to get better for Scotland in 5-10 years time.
Yes I do, it is a massive, massive problem and it really pisses me off. I'm not sure if you remember Noel Blake, he is the England U19 coach, a complete tank of a player and still is as a man. It's no surprise to see the team full of similar players.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
France won the u-19 euro. They beat Croatia 2:1 in the semis and Spain with the same result in the final.
On both matches the French were 0:1 down but won in the end.

May 22, 2007
Goalkeepers: Colombi (Alessandria), Mannone (Arsenal), Perin (Genoa).

Defenders: Angella (Empoli), Ariaudo (Cagliari), Biraghi (Inter), D'Ambrosio (Torino), Mazzotta (Pescara), Natalino (Inter), Ogbonna (Torino), Ranocchia (Bari).

Midfielders: Bolzoni (Siena), Bonaventura (Atalanta), Fabbrini (Empoli), Marrone (Siena), Mazzarani (Modena), Mustacchio (Varese), Pasquato (Modena), Schelotto (Cesena), Soriano (Empoli).

Forwards: Borini (Chelsea), Marilungo (Sampdoria), Okaka (Roma), Paloschi (Parma)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
1 more round to go in the qualifications. The 10 group winners and the 4 best 2nd placed will make the play-offs. The 7 winners of the play-offs will join the hosts Denmark at the euro next summer.

Many surprises this year. The holding champs Germany are eliminated. As are Portugal, France and the traditional power houses at this level, the Serbs. England will have to hope that they'll be among the best 4 2nd placed while Italy holds their destiny in their hands. If they have a better h2h with Wales (lost 1:2 in Wales and play them in the last round) then they will win the group. If they don't, then just like England they will have to hope to be among the best 4 2nd placed.

These are the standings (teams in bold qualified for play-offs):

Group 1:
1. Romania 24
2. Russia 21
3. Moldova 13
4. Latvia 12
5. Faroe Islands 11
6. Andorra 1
Last round: Russia-Romania. The Russians lost 0:3 in Romania so they will need a 4 goal win to win the group.

Group 2:
1. Switzerland 20
2. Georgia 15
3. Turkey 13
4. Estonia 12
5. Armenia 10
6. Rep. of Ireland 7

Group 3:
1. Wales 16
2. Italy 13
3. Hungary 12
4. Bosnia and Herzegovina 7
5. Luxembourg 4
Last round: Italy-Wales, Hungary-Bosnia. The Italians can be 1st, but they can be 3rd too and for only the 2nd time in the 18 euros they might not make the finals.

Group 4:
1. Netherlands 21
2. Spain 16
3. Poland 9
4. Finland 7
5. Liechtenstein 0

Group 5:
1. Czech Republic 19
2. Iceland 16
3. Germany 9
4. Northern Ireland 7
5. San Marino 0
Last round: Czech Republic-Iceland. The Czech have 3 pts advantage and won 2:0 in Iceland. They almost surely win this group.

Group 6:
1. Sweden 16
2. Montenegro 13
3. Israel 13
4. Kazakhstan 5
5. Bulgaria 4
Last round: Israel-Montenegro, Bulgaria-Sweden

Group 7:
1. Croatia 17
2. Slovakia 14
3. Serbia 10
4. Cyprus 6
5. Norway 4

Group 8:
1. Ukraine 15
2. Belgium 15
3. France 12
4. Slovenia 7
5. Malta 0
France have worse h2h with both Belgium and Ukraine and are the worst in a potential mini-table. They are eliminated already. Ukraine has better h2h with both Belgium and France and no matter what Ukraine does at home with Slovenia in the last round or France against Malta, Ukraine wins the group and Belgium is 2nd.

Group 9:
1. Greece 19
2. England 14
3. Portugal 10
4. Lithuania 5
5. Macedonia 2
Portugal are out. England hosts Lithuania in the last round and they need a win to make the best 4 2nd placed.

Group 10:
1. Belarus 14
2. Austria 14
3. Scotland 14
4. Albania 4
5. Azerbaijan 4
Last match: Scotland-Austria, Belarus-Azerbaijan. The Scots will win the group if they beat Austria because they have better h2h with Belarus.
---------------------------------------
2nd placed standings:
1. Iceland 16 pts (7 matches)
2. Spain 16 pts (7 matches)
3. Belgium 15 pts (8 matches)
4. Russia 15 pts (7 matches)
-----
5. England 14 pts (7 matches)
6. Austria 14 pts (7 matches)
7. Slovakia 14 pts (7 matches)
8. Georgia 13 pts (7 matches)
9. Italy 13 pts (7 matches)
10. Montenegro 13 pts (7 matches)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Scotland v Austria is being played in Aberdeen, so I'll be going along to that.

Scotland actually have a decent looking attack and midfield coming though at this level.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't know this u21 German team at all.
Still, even if these boys aren't good, the Germans can allow a lost generation considering the talent they produced in the previous one.

Btw, looking at these standings, I can't help notice that the teams from the east are doing the best. Since we're not talking about teenagers anymore but boys in their early 20's, I guess that the scouts should pay more attention to players coming from eastern Europe. Judging by the results, they are doing better than their western european counterparts and, of course, they are cheaper. Would be great if Juve scouts find some talent there, especially in the EE countries that are members of the EU.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Would Ozil, Muller and Badstuber not be eligible to still play for the U21s?

Those players being promoted early is probably why the German team isn't so strong.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Good luck to your boys.

I know you're not a fanatic when the NT is concerned, but I believe you will support these kids.
Most of the boys coming from the big 2, or...?
I support the under 21 team because I have more faith that the best players are being chosen.

Probably about a third of the squad is Old Firm players, a third is English based and a third is at non-Old Firm Scottish clubs.

And an Aberdeen player (who I dislike and don't rate at all) is captain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)