The Azzurrini (U21) Thread (33 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
What's the reason for having such a small number of teams in the tournament actually?
I suppose it would be either 8 teams or 16, could be to do with scheduling or keeping the standard of teams high, but if you look at the teams who went out in the compulsory play-offs (France, Spain, Netherlands, Croatia) I'd say the latter was very debatable.

They are not always great tournaments to watch, in my opinion, it's not quite top level football even if the talent is there in many.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I suppose it would be either 8 teams or 16, could be to do with scheduling or keeping the standard of teams high, but if you look at the teams who went out in the compulsory play-offs (France, Spain, Netherlands, Croatia) I'd say the latter was very debatable.

They are not always great tournaments to watch, in my opinion, it's not quite top level football even if the talent is there in many.
Exactly, was surprised to see Spain & France not being there.

I'm guessing the reasons are also financial to a part though, not that many people are interested in the tournament I think. Could be completely wrong though :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)