The Azzurrini (U21) Thread (7 Viewers)

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Yes, lets be mediocre.
Let's not fool ourselves. We're not buying sanchezes of this world. I think focusing on Italians is a way to go. This nation gave birth to lots of football legends. These kids need to be given a chance.
Ps. I'm so going to attend Italy vs Germany in Krakow.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thats a fantastic squad, really only missing Romagnoli (assume injured as usual). And all players are known quantities in Serie A except Garritano who I have no idea about.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I hope they all explode by next year. Get Buffon that second World Cup.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats a fantastic squad, really only missing Romagnoli (assume injured as usual). And all players are known quantities in Serie A except Garritano who I have no idea about.
Decent in FIFA at least :D

DutchJuventino

Apr 9, 2015
Petagna is a decent striker, but they are just lacking a prolific deadly goal-scorer upfront imo. Other than that, it's a fantastic squad.
I came here to say this. Still no talentful strikers around, hopefully Pellegrini (Genoa) and Kean can make become one the in the next years.

Garritano is the best player from Cesena I think. He will be a bench player in the tournament, but I expect him to play in Serie A next season for a team like SPAL, Verona or something.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is 24 this year. 20th december is his birthday. Players eligble can only be born on or after 1 January 1994. So he is 12 days too old :D

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
That a gread squad, thank for Sassuolo, Atalanta, etc.. they did a great job for Azzurini, hopefully we got next Verrati's level talent..

Spain, Italy, and Germany can and should go to final tbh..

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
fkn spain again... tired of them!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Gotcha. Either way, adding Insigne, Belotti and Verratti, it really seems like Italy has a bright future in front of them.
Also the U20 team looks to have some good individuals, and there are some potential stars in the age groups below that (Kean, Pellegri, Caligara, Pinamonti, Plizzari, Melegoni). As always it depends on whether they get game time, but there's nothing to suggest those type of players won't be given a chance at Serie A level with one team or another.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Also the U20 team looks to have some good individuals, and there are some potential stars in the age groups below that (Kean, Pellegri, Caligara, Pinamonti, Plizzari, Melegoni). As always it depends on whether they get game time, but there's nothing to suggest those type of players won't be given a chance at Serie A level with one team or another.
I actually fancy a different way to approach these talents. Something like PSG did with Verratti and Real with Asensio which is adding them to the first team straight away. If they're good enough, they will float, if not, they should be continuing their careers in smaller teams hoping they can somehow blossom there.

I would like us to do it with Kean and Mandragora.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I actually fancy a different way to approach these talents. Something like PSG did with Verratti and Real with Asensio which is adding them to the first team straight away. If they're good enough, they will float, if not, they should be continuing their careers in smaller teams hoping they can somehow blossom there.

I would like us to do it with Kean and Mandragora.
I agree, but an issue arises when you have too many players in a certain position. See Rugani with his game time (even taking into account his later injury during a period he would have played more). Kean is useful because he can play all across the front three, but are we going to trust him as a back up at 17? Maybe.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I agree, but an issue arises when you have too many players in a certain position. See Rugani with his game time (even taking into account his later injury during a period he would have played more). Kean is useful because he can play all across the front three, but are we going to trust him as a back up at 17? Maybe.
Agree with your first sentence. Rugani is the reason why I would even consider selling Bonucci for a ridiculous fee. Kinda similar situation we had with Baggio and Del Piero. Continuing with your first sentence, Mandragora and Kean would find space imo. Assuming we will be bringing 1 or 2 CMs, I would get rid of players like Lemina, Rincon and Asamoah to let Mandragora be the backup. He also can cover CB position I heard. As for Kean, he's still only 17 as you mentioned. I reckon he would benefit more from training with our starters and playing occasionally than to be shipped of to some low table Serie A team. We have experienced players who can cover CF position so not too much pressure neither on him nor the club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)