Azzurri Thread (28 Viewers)

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
if they had a WC striker then the team would improve insanely, Immobile is not good enough sadly, hes had enough chances. idk who is gonna lead the line at Euro :chin: is the best Italian striker at the moment by far, if he keeps up the form then he'd be my choice (he'd be my choice anyway cause :chin:) but he certainly offers more than Immobile

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
The young’uns done well last night. First game and 3pts in a qualifier. Doesn’t matter whether it was Finland, Greenland, or Michael Jackson’s Neverland. We showed a lot of promise.
Just need to find a way to oust Immobile. Maybe a false #9?

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Just another meh performance. They play good up to the 30 meter. After that not many ideas. Let's not kid ourselves, Finland is one of the weakest sides in Europe.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Finland is not one of the weakest sides in Europe, we just earned a promotion to UEFA Nations B league and a chance to qualify to EURO from the playoffs. This was always going to be the toughest match for us in the qualification and we didn't play bad,

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
I'm just curious as to where your confidence comes from. Chiellini will gobble up Dzeko as he always does in their Serie A encounters, and Pjanic will have one of his disappearing acts :baus: :tup:

Bosnia will qualify in 2nd place tho :D
I'm not that covinced we'll beat them of course, i was kinda joking but i can't say that Italy isn't what they used to be, there's a new generation of players and we're capable of getting a positive result in Turin. Which doesn't mean we'll win. Just hoping for the best for Bosnia.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Insigne is the textbook definition of a loser. He has 4 goals in 30 matches and only one of which has been scored in a competitive match. Needs to be replaced asap

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Finland is not one of the weakest sides in Europe, we just earned a promotion to UEFA Nations B league and a chance to qualify to EURO from the playoffs. This was always going to be the toughest match for us in the qualification and we didn't play bad,
I said that because i don't know any of your players besides Hamalainen who rides the bench at ridiculously weak Legia. Plusm when was the last time you played at a major tournament?

I thought Italy played a decent game. There was some mistakes but that is expected as the team is young and the players are getting used to each other.

Finland is actually quite a decent team at the moment, especially defensively. Pretty easily topped a group that included similar level teams in Hungary and Greece in the UEFA nations league.
Decent might be a good word, however, I expected more. They are still very far from being a contender for the major trophies.

No ideas in the final third, you reckon? I only saw highlights but I saw a good amount of scoring opportunities coming from some good looking passages of passing.
Yes, that's what I had in mind. They a few opportunities but it was not a dominant performance. Maybe I just have too high expectations yet.

Wysłane z mojego SM-T235 przy użyciu Tapatalka

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
if they had a WC striker then the team would improve insanely, Immobile is not good enough sadly, hes had enough chances. idk who is gonna lead the line at Euro :chin: is the best Italian striker at the moment by far, if he keeps up the form then he'd be my choice (he'd be my choice anyway cause :chin:) but he certainly offers more than Immobile
Hopefully Mancio bets on Kean.

Wysłane z mojego SM-T235 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Jun 6, 2015
I said that because i don't know any of your players besides Hamalainen who rides the bench at ridiculously weak Legia. Plusm when was the last time you played at a major tournament?
Never :D

Hämäläinen isn't usually a starter anymore. By the way Petteri Forsell also plays in your league and so did Arajuuri a couple of years ago. Basically the team is build around decent hardworking players and a quality goalkeeper. Our best outfield player decided to do coke before a CL game two years ago but somehow the team has got better after that.

- - - Updated - - -

Decent might be a good word, however, I expected more. They are still very far from being a contender for the major trophies.
That's certainly true. They are a still far away from being able challenge the actual top teams.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2015
Good to see Italy coming back after some bad years (and the period with Conte was just an incident).

Still hard to say how this team will settle if the youngsters are more experienced. I see some top tier players, but also a lot youngster who will never reach that level.
Top tier: Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Bernardeschi and Verratti.
Tonali, Zaniolo and Kean are too inexperienced to say if they will be world class, but I have believe in them.
I like how Mancini trying youngsters, hopefully it stimulate clubs too use them and play them more.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Finland has never been in a major international tournament but we have a good side now and hopefully we can finally make it. We're not a top team by any means but also not one of the weakest.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Never :D

Hämäläinen isn't usually a starter anymore. By the way Petteri Forsell also plays in your league and so did Arajuuri a couple of years ago. Basically the team is build around decent hardworking players and a quality goalkeeper. Our best outfield player decided to do coke before a CL game two years ago but somehow the team has got better after that.

- - - Updated - - -

That's certainly true. They are a still far away from being able challenge the actual top teams.
Finland has never been in a major international tournament but we have a good side now and hopefully we can finally make it. We're not a top team by any means but also not one of the weakest.
I wish you all the best in these qualifiers. Btw @il brutto I didn't know you're Finnish, I do rate your posts and read them whenever I see them, keep'em coming.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)