Azzurri Thread (38 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
the guy who almost cost them the match :D good result anyway, completely deserved win. italy clearly dominated the match, especially in the 1st half.

sorry for poland, though. i read somewhere that they are already relegated to the b division, right?
yup because of the h2h with Italy the last game is a dead rubber. Tbh can't say Poland deserved to stay up, they were awful tonight

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I only got to watch the highlights, but it's clear that the side is slowly improving. All the pieces are there, this is abundantly clear. Some time to develop some chemistry with some added confidence, this will be the best side in a decade. And now if Allan switches sides as rumored, that only makes things better.

Jul 1, 2010
They need a goalscorer. Belotti is a one season wonder, Immobile is a NT flop, Balotelli is not a prima punta, and the rest suck.

I'd try Cutrone at this point. He has potential and has a great goals/minute ratio at Milan.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I agree that we should keep tabs on both Barella and Chiesa like we always should if there's a talented Italian on the horizon. I don't necessarily agree that we don't have space for Chiesa. Look at our set of wingers:

1. Ronaldo
Well, no questions here. However, he also does play a lot as a CF.

2. Cuadrado
He's already over 30yo and he's future may lay as a RB/RWB.

3. Berna
He's good as a winger but can also play SS, CAM or even a mezzala and maybe he's even better fitted for these positions than a WF.

4. D. Costa
Great winger, surely better than Chiesa atm.

To conclude, he could be a 3/4th choice winger next season. Not that bad for a very young footballer in a club like Juve.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Didn't see the call up posted.

La lista dei giocatori convocati per gli impegni contro Portogallo e Stati Uniti

Portieri: Alessio Cragno (Cagliari), Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan), Salvatore Sirigu (Torino);

Difensori: Cristiano Biraghi (Fiorentina), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Mattia De Sciglio (Juventus), Emerson Palmieri Dos Santos (Chelsea), Alessandro Florenzi (Roma), Alessio Romagnoli (Milan), Daniele Rugani (Juventus);

Centrocampisti: Nicolò Barella (Cagliari), Roberto Gagliardini (Inter), Frello Filho Jorge Luiz Jorginho (Chelsea), Lorenzo Pellegrini (Roma), Stefano Sensi (Sassuolo), Sandro Tonali (Brescia), Marco Verratti (Paris Saint Germain);

Attaccanti: Domenico Berardi (Sassuolo), Federico Bernardeschi (Juventus), Federico Chiesa (Fiorentina), Vincenzo Grifo (Hoffenheim), Ciro Immobile (Lazio), Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli), Kevin Lasagna (Udinese), Leonardo Pavoletti (Cagliari), Matteo Politano (Inter).

From Mancini: the intention is to play like against Poland, including Bernardeschi if he is fit enough. Giving time for Belotti and El Shaarawy to continue this upswing and get consistency before joining the team. Tonali called up like Zaniolo last time, to see him up close. Similar for Sensi and Grifo.

I don't know anything about Grifo, hadn't heard about him in years. Good to see Sensi there, maybe he doesn't have the top level (too short) but his performances deserve a bit of reward and a trial as Jorginho's back up. Very well deserved for Politano, he should be in the mix, same for Verdi once he comes back from injury.

Barella/Gagliardini - Jorginho/Sensi - Verratti/Pellegrini

Biraghi/Emerson - Chiellini/Romagnoli - Bonucci/Rugani - De Sciglio/Florenzi
Now we just need Spinazzola back (or anyone please) to stop playing Biraghi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 31)