Azzurri Thread (26 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
I think Balotelli will play wide regardless, didn't Prandelli say as much? Put a centravanti in there, Pazzini maybe? There is always the Cassano option :evil:
Yeah Prandelli said that he'll use him on the left IIRC. But Fabio stays. :stuckup:

Giovinco needs to hurry up and get some game time, Super Mario would suit striker in my formation.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Cassano for Italy is a must, he is great. Easily one of Italys best players.
He is the best attacking player they have a by a mile and with him in the team it should bring the best out of players such as Gilardino and Pazzini. Good goalscorers but they need more support than a static Italy side can give.

May 22, 2007
Balotelli-Cassano-Rossi
Pazzini​

Suppose that would become a 4-2-1-3 in time. Marchisio-De Rossi is suited to this formation, both being quite immense.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yeah, that sad look with the huge smile.
Is that what Robbie Williams has too?
I wouldn't play Balo as a winger in that system. The farther Mario is from the goal, the least effective he becomes.
So where does he fit in a team with Cassano? A 4-3-2-1 seems possible because playing balo and Cassano on the wings would be a waste IMO.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I could also see Balotelli playing up front next to another striker with Cassano behind them in the free role. This past season has cast some serious doubts in my mind over the efficiency of a 4-3-1-but it might be the best for a team with few top level natural wide players.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Is that what Robbie Williams has too?

So where does he fit in a team with Cassano? A 4-3-2-1 seems possible because playing balo and Cassano on the wings would be a waste IMO.
Although they are not really wingers, it is a narrow formation that suits attacking fullbacks, they are more like attackers who come from wide areas towards goal, that is quite typical of both Cassano and Balotelli, although Balotelli would have to play on the right as he has more pace than Cassano and they are both right footed.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Although they are not really wingers, it is a narrow formation that suits attacking fullbacks, they are more like attackers who come from wide areas towards goal, that is quite typical of both Cassano and Balotelli, although Balotelli would have to play on the right as he has more pace than Cassano and they are both right footed.
It seems possible with Motta on the right but Prandelli might have a tough time finding a good attacking LB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 19)