The Adidas Roteiro: Official Ball of Euro 2004 (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003

Portuguese national team players today revealed the adidas Roteiro, the new Official Match Ball for UEFA EURO 2004. The Roteiro is the first ever Official Match Ball produced with the innovative thermal-bonding production technique developed over the last four years.

The game of football is faster and more technical than ever before. After several progressions based on material development, traditional ball construction had reached its limits. Consequently, a new ball production concept was developed - called thermal bonding - providing consistent quality and performance from one ball to the next. The new Roteiro ball by adidas also features the new Power Balance Technology, has a seamless surface design and offers a revolutionary new carcass.

England captain David Beckham said: “The most important thing for me is to know that I can rely on the ball to go exactly where I want it to go. The new Roteiro reacts very well to my foot. When I’ve helped adidas to test the Roteiro in Madrid, I’ve noticed that the accuracy of my corners, my passing and, of course, my free kicks improved from using this ball. When you’re kicking it, it even sounds better. No one has ever seen anything like this before. I think it is great to kick and it’s going to be a great ball to play with. Keepers are going to have a very tough time.”

The Roteiro is named after the logbook used by Vasco da Gama, the famous Portuguese discoverer. The unique and dynamic design features an aqua metallic base color, which represents the sky, a blue globe color reminiscent of the sea, and silver lines to signify the co-ordinate system used and perfected by the Portuguese. Its name, design and reference to Portuguese historical elements will perfectly match its inauguration at the Final Tournament.

UEFA and adidas presented the new Official Match Ball for UEFA EURO 2004™. Named Roteiro™, the new ball will be used at all matches of the UEFA European Football Championship in Portugal.

In developing Roteiro™ adidas has used a new production concept. Using thermal bonding this new technique in ball production provides a more consistent quality and performance from one ball to the next. Roteiro™ is the first-ever official match ball produced with this innovative production technique. It also features the new Power Balance Technology, has a seamless surface design and a revolutionary new carcass.

The ball has undergone trials by top players and European clubs and David Beckham of Real Madrid and England said of the ball:

"The new Roteiro™ reacts well to my foot. It seems to be dipping a lot, which is obviously good for me and other free-kick takers. It has a whole new look and feel. When you’re kicking it, it even sounds better. No one has ever seen anything like this before. I think it is great to kick and it’s going to be a great ball to play with."

Commenting on the launch of the new ball, UEFA CEO Gerhard Aigner, said:

"EURO 2004 is the most prestigious event in the European footballing calendar and hugely important for UEFA. The fundamental part of the game - the ball - must match that prestige in both design and performance. Roteiro™ has undergone rigorous testing in laboratories and it has out-performed all previous balls produced."

Dr. Gilberto Madaíl, Portuguese Football Federation President and Chairman of the Board of Euro 2004, S.A said: "adidas has delivered a stunning, modern and state-of the-art Portuguese football. This is very much how we envisage the UEFA EURO 2004 event to be. We want to show the world a warm, passionate, authentic yet modern Portugal. Portugal is ready to be discovered!"

adidas is also a UEFA EURO 2004™ National Supporter and Licensee.

Technical Information of the Roteiro™:

• Thermal bonded panel edges. Special adhesive for durability and water resistance. That means no stitching.
  • Panel design – Syntactic PU surface material for maximum abrasion resistance.
  • Innovative carcass technology – for best performance and most consistent quality properties.
  • High-grade natural latex bladder – for best rebound characteristics.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
wonder if keepers will be complaining about it. anyways, i dont like the way it looks and since i dont play with it thats all i care. but if this ball means 5 goals per match ratio im cool with it.

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    I just thought it was interesting because it's made of one material rather than having traditional stitching and bladder.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    I'll probably get a replica, I don't have $130 lying around like some people :groan:

Sep 28, 2002
    i dont know. i dont really fancy balls adidas make for major tournaments. fevernova, now this. i just dont like the way they look. on the other hands final balls for the ucl... :drool:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well it looks a lot better than the lameass WC2002 ball at least. I prefer both the Footix one and Silverstream from Euro2k.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    My favourite ball is actually the Gamarada that was used in the Sydney Olympics. My friend's got one, and it looks okay and kicks like a dream

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    this ball suck(cause I'm a goalkeeper), I could hardly see it coming.....and this ball dip too much, makes it harder to read crosses and long shot....personally I prefer fevernova:cool:

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    no thanks, you don't wanna humiliate yourself now, do you? ;)
    you know how to play football sal...or should i say...have you EVER play football before??? I bet you cant even score through a spot kick:cool:

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19
    I saw a replica ball at the sports store for $30... it doesn't look very nice; the only reason i'd get it is cos it's the Euro2k4 ball

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)