Tevez (1 Viewer)

Alexi-10

Oct 13, 2004
I think its a great move. He still gets to stay in South America and still get a great pay. Also why should he have to rush things he is young and has plenty of time.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
To me is not that great... I say its a step back for him, Brazilian League its not at the same level than Argentina's... and besides trust me when I say that he will regret this mocve, not so much for the team that he choose, but more for the problems that will happend for this move, shortly we will see Corinthians players complaining about Tevez salary, and Fifa will have to investigate the fact that the man who made the transfer its not a official Fifa member...

Testicular

Dec 13, 2004
BIGGG 'was' there ^

the least he should have done is gone 2 sum club like Wolfsburg which Andres D'alseandro did. Not 2 a league that will a) not cahlengge urself as a player n b) kill you

haiz that move was very very dissapointin

Testicular

Dec 13, 2004
Tevez may start trend by staying in South America
ichelle Kaufman

Carlos Tevez will not go to Europe after all, and that is great news for the future of professional soccer in South America.

The 20-year-old Argentine Olympic star, regarded as one of South America's most exciting young players, was expected to leave Boca Juniors for a Spanish, Italian or English club. Scouts were drooling in Athens, and most of the best players around the world usually wind up in Europe. Instead, Tevez chose to play for Corinthians in Brazil after the club came up with an $18 million transfer fee, the highest in the history of Brazilian soccer.

Corinthians was able to pull off the deal with the help of a London-based group of investors. The investment seems like a wise one. Tevez was the leading scorer at the Athens Olympics, with eight goals, as Argentina won its first gold medal in the sport. He has become a regular on the national team, scored in the Copa America quarterfinal against Peru and led Boca to the Libertadores Cup title in 2003 and the runner-up spot this season.
Tevez is also a crowd favorite. He is extremely humble, even refusing to get plastic surgery to cover a large, unsightly burn scar along his neck and face from a childhood accident.

His decision not to go overseas - and Corinthians' financial commitment - could influence other young South American players to spurn Europe. At the very least, it will make them consider staying put.

haizzzzzzzz then show some S.America futbol here in malaysia then..!!!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Testicular ] ++
BIGGG 'was' there ^

the least he should have done is gone 2 sum club like Wolfsburg which Andres D'alseandro did. Not 2 a league that will a) not cahlengge urself as a player n b) kill you

haiz that move was very very dissapointin

That's really a load of bullshit.
Wolfsburg isn't doing bad in the bundesliga, and wolfsburg had a lot of money the season they bought d'alessandro + he gets to play there regularly.

Also the bundesliga is pretty tough league to play in, very physical and tactically sound league. Lots of big clubs in the bundesliga, 6 or 7 clubs at one time challenging for the title.

My conclusion is that you don't know the bundesliga, so you don't know what you're talking about.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm with Dominic on this one. There's undoubtedly a gap in quality between the Bundesliga and the Brazilian league and D'Alessandro's move will definitely go further towards helping develop him as a player than Tevez's will. The Bundesliga may not be up there with the elite European leagues like the EPL, la Liga and Serie A, but it is still a league filled with quality and prestige.

I thought Cavenaghi's move to Russia was questionable, but this, this makes little to no sense at all.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
Andy can you make me alist of the players that you dont think are overrated:D
I gave you one in the top young talents thread. Everyone in that list is good, barring Ronaldo, who is overrated by the media a tad bit, but not as much as Rooney. :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I gave you one in the top young talents thread. Everyone in that list is good, barring Ronaldo, who is overrated by the media a tad bit, but not as much as Rooney . :D
why did i see this coming:rolleyes::D

Geof

May 14, 2004
this is a Tevez thread guys, nothing to do with Rooney.

But, seriously I heard alot about Tevez, I now him from CM and FM, but ..... I never saw him play!!!

who saw him? who can say us really what the guy is worth?

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I saw him during the olympics and he impressed me much! He is a great player, at least when facing 21year olds :) I hope he returns to goalscoring days..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)