Tactics and Formations (34 Viewers)

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Good enough for most league matches but McKenie is not good enough for a 3 man mid for top teams or CL.

I'd rather play MDS at RB and cuad at mid...
But if McKenie is on the field at 433 Danilo needs to be at RB.

I would rather give 442 a try

Dani_Bonu_MDL_pelegri
Cuad_Zaka_Locatelli - Mck
-----------------Dybs
--------------Vlahovic

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

ilmetronome

Sep 16, 2020
For allegri:
1. Locatelli/arthur as regista for sure. No way Zakaria as anchor mid infront of defense line.
2. He play 442 or 451 when defending. 4 at back line and at least 4 at mid line. If we play dybala morata vlahovic upfront, who do you think would fill 1 slot remaining at mid line?
Morata and dybala never played that role this season. They were always in front 2 or alone when defending. I really doubt vlahovic will be at mid line.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
I understand that one of them gets bench to not burn both of our central players, but our best midfield must have both Locatelli and Arthur.

When teams press us McKennie offers 0 serenity on the ball, with him it's either misspass, or a good pass to launch an attack, but not the pressure relief we need in our half. Rabiot can give the calm pass, but more often than not lacks the vision to choose the right option accurately.

Arthur is a very different level than those at keeping and recycling the ball, and Locatelli is just better at everything.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
which current juve players are suited for counter pressing?
Is this even a serious question?

Let's reverse the question then: which players are suited for deep-defensive setup for longer pieces of matches? To me it's just Chiellini. Maybe I'd throw in Bonucci, as long as his bodyguard is Chiellini. That's it I'd say.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Is this even a serious question?
of course. and i learned that rabiot, bonucci and morata can press, and since you suggest this with a straight face, you genuinely think that they are able to do that week in, week out. that's something i didn't know.

for me it's cuadrado, snacks, de ligt and loca. (chiesa too) and i haven't seen too much from zakaria. not a lot, especially if you consider that we tend to lose the ball easily and we're very easily countered with a high defensive line. that's something everyone hated with pirlo. and now suddenly everyone wants the high defensive line back with players who might be able to run but can't keep the ball.

high press makes sense if you can get the ball away from the opposition, actually keep the ball comfortably, avoid being countered and pass the ball forward. good luck with that if you have rabiot, bonucci (who can't tackle despite being a defender and the literally the last player i'd have to stop a counter with a famous ass tackle), morata who falls on the ground at the lightest touch, or players like pellegrini, sandro, mds et al who need no introduction. with morata, cuadrado or snacks, trying to exploit counters when you have spaces look like a better approach to me.

Mar 9, 2006
of course. and i learned that rabiot, bonucci and morata can press, and since you suggest this with a straight face, you genuinely think that they are able to do that week in, week out. that's something i didn't know.

for me it's cuadrado, snacks, de ligt and loca. (chiesa too) and i haven't seen too much from zakaria. not a lot, especially if you consider that we tend to lose the ball easily and we're very easily countered with a high defensive line. that's something everyone hated with pirlo. and now suddenly everyone wants the high defensive line back with players who might be able to run but can't keep the ball.

high press makes sense if you can get the ball away from the opposition, actually keep the ball comfortably, avoid being countered and pass the ball forward. good luck with that if you have rabiot, bonucci (who can't tackle despite being a defender and the literally the last player i'd have to stop a counter with a famous ass tackle), morata who falls on the ground at the lightest touch, or players like pellegrini, sandro, mds et al who need no introduction. with morata, cuadrado or snacks, trying to exploit counters when you have spaces look like a better approach to me.
And keep in mind they have these numbers with not using counter pressing at all, with sit at the back strategy. People shit on Morata here and there but the truth is that we don't even use him as a lone forward with proper support, poor guy have to work his ass off match after match after match, now we have a same story with Vlahovic, who have 0 support, this team doesn't feed him with the through balls, great high/low crosses, he's forever alone up there against 2 central defenders

- - - Updated - - -

As for Rabiot ppl only see the shit side of him

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)