Sweden 6 - 0 Malta (1 Viewer)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
we know malta doesnt offer much when it comes to soccer
We do offer nice females though :D

Our NT sucks true cos we only have one professional player, Michael Mifsud, who's actually doing quite well in Norway with Lillestrom.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I didn't watch the game, but from what I read from this thread he scored a goal like DP's against Siena and gave two assists.

He had already scored a hat trick in the first leg so that's already 4 goals against us :(

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
Congrats.....we are waiting for you in Zagreb. Anyway,I hope both of our teams qualify to Germany,altough,I still think we are better team :)
A real fan and country man is suposed to. ;)

Though I think the game between us is the only match both teams could possibly lose. I don't see Sweden go down vs Bulgaria nor Croatia losing to Iceland. So the one of us who goes home from that game with their head held down will surely get one of the "best second places". Considering Sweden got one of them right now together with England with the advantage of being in a small group.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Complete dominance by Sweden. Easy game too. Good to see Zlatan score a lovely goal yet he was only playing at 50% of his potential.
Malta goalie sucks big time :howler:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Zlatan: We can win World Cup
PA Sport

Zlatan Ibrahimovic insisted that Sweden had the capacity to go all the way and win the 2006 World Cup after his team's 6-0 qualifying demolition of Malta.

The win means Sweden remain hot on the heels of Group Eight leaders Croatia and the Juventus striker - who scored the fourth goal in the crushing defeat - was clearly delighted by the performance.

"Sweden can win the World Cup," Ibrahimovic said after the game.

"We will be one of the nations in Germany next year and this squad can just get better and with the right attitude we can even be the best team in the world."

"No other team can any longer underestimate us and I am looking forward to the World Cup in Germany."

Ibrahimovic admits his confidence is sky-high after a successful season with Juventus and another goalscoring performance for Sweden in Gothenburg.

"It's always nice to score and it was important that we held our heads up during all the game," he said.

"After winning the Scudetto with Juventus my confidence is very good and hopefully I can be an important part to even win something with Sweden."

------------------------------------------------

Confidence is always a good thing :D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Zamb: download Cocsoft (yeah I know) Streamdown, and you can save the stream to your HDD

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
"Zlatan Ibrahimovic insisted that Sweden had the capacity to go all the way and win the 2006 World Cup after his team's 6-0 qualifying demolition of Malta. "
Just to make one thing clear, he said that before the game. He did not exactly base that statement on this win. :D

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++

A real fan and country man is suposed to. ;)

Though I think the game between us is the only match both teams could possibly lose. I don't see Sweden go down vs Bulgaria nor Croatia losing to Iceland. So the one of us who goes home from that game with their head held down will surely get one of the "best second places". Considering Sweden got one of them right now together with England with the advantage of being in a small group.

Wait,best second place gives direct advance to final tournament or a play-off? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)