[Supercoppa Italiana] JUVENTUS 1-0 Milan [January 16th, 2019] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Aah, the annual "Lets give a random team that havent accomplished anything this past year a chance to win a trophy" game. This match is even more meaningless in our case than it is in other countries because there shouldnt even be a competition or a duel - Juventus is the Serie A champion, Juventus is the Coppa Italia champion - no other team deserves to play vs Juventus for the Supercup, that cup should be automatically given to the club who completes the domestic double!

If or when some other italian team stop sucking and actually wins something, then that team is more than welcome to participate against us in a Supercoppa Italiana final! Until then this remains a glorified friendly in my eyes, I just cant take this game seriously...
Tup. At least we should play against second team in the leauge. It would be more competitive.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I read this in Milan forum :lol:

“Ah, the Super Coppa. Biggest game of the year in Italy. The match that ends months of discussions over which team can accurately portray itself as the strongest of the year in the Peninsula.

Is it the league winner, the Coppa winner.......or the team that lost 4-0 in the Coppa final and finished 6th in the league, 31 points off the 1st spot?

Find out which is the best Italian team of 2018......game played in 2019.”

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

“Ah, the Super Coppa. Biggest game of the year in Italy. The match that ends months of discussions over which team can accurately portray itself as the strongest of the year in the Peninsula.

Is it the league winner, the Coppa winner.......or the team that lost 4-0 in the Coppa final and finished 6th in the league, 31 points off the 1st spot?

lmao, perfetto.

So, unlike the Inter forum, they do have a sense of humor.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017

That's a great post :tup:

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
there are a lot of delusonal people on both the Milan forums but there are a surprising amount of level headed people who know how shit they are (unlike the Man UTD fans that thought they were a better team than us), some of the self deprecating humour is excellent on there

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Tup. At least we should play against second team in the leauge. It would be more competitive.
I guess the rule is that Supercoppa shall be played between a Serie A champion and a Coppa representative (so even a club from lower leagues, potentially).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)