Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (48 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Done deal:
OUT: Chiello, De ligt, Ramsey, Berna, Dybala, Morata
IN: Bremer, Gatti, Pogba, Di Maria

Besides those, if we end up with:
OUT: Rugani, Arthur, Miretti (loan), Pjaca
IN: Milenkovic, Paredes, Kostic

How would you rate the mercato?
3/10. If we are to play 433, we'd have 9 defenders for 4 positions, 8(!) central mids for 3 positions and 5 attackers for 3 positions with no backup for either ADM or Kostic until Chiesa gets back. We'd see CM wingers in no time, our best RB Cuads probably also gets pushed up and his less gifted backups therefore are starting.

Swap Paredes for an attacker and it gets better. Upgrade LB instead of 4th CB and it gets much bettet.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I agree but he still isnt great
Yeah, I agree. Still a big positive to win Serie A in my book.

And it's hard to judge if we actually need him or not because I can't exactly estimate what Rovella can bring to the table.

Di Marzio is now saying 15m. That's peanuts. His wages scare me 'tho.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Done deal:
OUT: Chiello, De ligt, Ramsey, Berna, Dybala, Morata
IN: Bremer, Gatti, Pogba, Di Maria

Besides those, if we end up with:
OUT: Rugani, Arthur, Miretti (loan), Pjaca
IN: Milenkovic, Paredes, Kostic

How would you rate the mercato?
It should be
Out: Rugani, Arthur, Miretti, Pjaca, Kean, Rabiot
IN: Kostic, Milenkovic, Paredes, Raspadori (if he can play back up Vlahovic)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
shipping out Rabiot and Kean would be nice but I don't think it can be done this summer:sad:
Also Schirra and Pedulla reports it's more Muriel than Raspadori, wonder who is right.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I think Paredes will be probably brought in some kind of exchange for Kean, that's how we get rid of him.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Also I think Paredes will be probably brought in some kind of exchange for Kean, that's how we get rid of him.
That’d be a best case scenario and frankly the only way i can imagine us actually ‘investing’ anything in Paredes, think we tried offering both Arthur and Kean but so far PSG don’t seem interested, which could afterall just as well be a bullet dodged altogether for both sides, however Kean still needs to be moved on if we want to have any chance of him finding form and hopefully be worth something next summer.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If Parepiss joins us, I'm forfeiting the season. Fuck that. Oh, and I am willing to guarantee we won't win Serie A if we sign Parepiss, ship out Rovella, and fail to reinforce the attack (Kostic alone isn't enough). We'll finish top 3, but that's about it, which might actually be a blessing in disguise, as it might actually mean we finally part with Italian coaches and management for good.

- - - Updated - - -

Mehh... meantime Romano also confirmed that we want Kostic and Paredes as priority signings. Really hope Napoli will close the Raspadori deal this week.
:yuck: :inter:

Top 3, here we come.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
So
If Parepiss joins us, I'm forfeiting the season. Fuck that. Oh, and I am willing to guarantee we won't win Serie A if we sign Parepiss, ship out Rovella, and fail to reinforce the attack (Kostic alone isn't enough). We'll finish top 3, but that's about it, which might actually be a blessing in disguise, as it might actually mean we finally part with Italian coaches and management for good.

- - - Updated - - -

:yuck: :inter:

Top 3, here we come.
Cringe. Give it a rest with the parepiss broken record.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'd definitely sign Jorginho for free. the guy won CL and Euros as the playmaker of both teams a year ago and his legs aren't going to magically fall off just because he turned 30.
Have you watched him recently? No more of these aging freebies on high wages with no resale value. Thanks but no thanks. We don't need Fagjinho or that other shitcunt from PSG here. Let's trust our youngsters for once.

Beki

Jul 9, 2012
I just don't get what Allegri wants with Paredes... would he play as regista? Then no reason not to loan Fagioli, Rovella and Miretti out.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I just don't get what Allegri wants with Paredes... would he play as regista? Then no reason not to loan Fagioli, Rovella and Miretti out.
Call me crazy but I`d start 2 of these 3 on Paredes expense.
Fagioli really impressed me this pre season while Rovella impressed me last season. Miretti is nice but I wouldnt play him.
Paredes is currently more ready than the trio but 2 of the trio could easily surpass him.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you watched him recently? No more of these aging freebies on high wages with no resale value. Thanks but no thanks. We don't need Fagjinho or that other shitcunt from PSG here. Let's trust our youngsters for once.
Lets not pretend he is crap. I understand you dont want him here but he isnt a bad player. for free - why not (as long as its a short contract).
He could be a temporary solution and compared to Paredes, he would be free.
The problem is that he isnt free right now and next year our youngster could develope to a state we wont need him.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Fagioli really impressed me this pre season while Rovella impressed me last season. Miretti is nice but I wouldnt play him.
Paredes is currently more ready than the trio but 2 of the trio could easily surpass him.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets not pretend he is crap. I understand you dont want him here but he isnt a bad player. for free - why not (as long as its a short contract).
He could be a temporary solution and compared to Paredes, he would be free.
The problem is that he isnt free right now and next year our youngster could develope to a state we wont need him.
Not crazy at all. I'd rather allow our youngsters to play over giving some run of the mill overpaid midfielder a chance, just because he has experience. Fuck that shit. We're not talking about prime Davids or Pirlo here.

As for Fagjinho, again, I'm looking at it long-term. Is he a necessary acquisition? Absolutely not. Will he help us win the CL? Heck No! Do we actually need him to win Serie A? I'm willing to say no. Therefore, bringing him in on a big fat 3-4 year contract constitutes bad business.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Is this strongest on paper including Pogba who has missed 72 matches for injury over the past 3 seasons and is already out injured for at least the first month of the upcoming season?

And Chiesa who won’t be back for the first few months of the season and then will take another couple months to get back to 100%?

Because without a fit Chiesa and a Pogba that’s actually performing (not ManU’s Jogba) we absolutely aren’t the strongest on paper.
If I include both we are by far the best.
If I dont we are still the strongest although the gap is way more narrow.
It is just the results that make you think otherwise.
I expect us to get the Scudetto this season and I`ll even say it will end sooner than week 38. The problems IMO were more mentally and the fact they didnt gel well.
Di Maria should add the creativity we lack and Fagioli is also quite creative.
We will be fine in Serie A but when talking about CL we can add Pogba and Chiesa to the mix and we are still not the favorite, 2nd favorite, 3rd favorite or even 4th...

- - - Updated - - -

Not crazy at all. I'd rather allow our youngsters to play over giving some run of the mill overpaid midfielder a chance, just because he has experience. Fuck that shit. We're not talking about prime Davids or Pirlo here.

As for Fagjinho, again, I'm looking at it long-term. Is he a necessary acquisition? Absolutely not. Will he help us win the CL? Heck No! Do we actually need him to win Serie A? I'm willing to say no. Therefore, bringing him in on a big fat 3-4 year contract constitutes bad business.
Agree. Thats why I said short contract and 0 fee.

Beki

Jul 9, 2012
Absoulately not a crazy idea, then I just don't understand why Allegri wants Paredes when Fagioli, Rovella and Miretti are here.
Pogba, McKennie, Locatelli, Zakaria and Rabiot's place on the roster is a sure thing. Paredes would be 6th people there. No room for any youngster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)