Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Definitely, but we do need a left footed defender
Who do you suggest ?
There are some interesting names but no one is linked with us. Badiashille, Gvardiol, Ndicka, Botman, or even Attila Szalai

- - - Updated - - -

Koulibaly is better than Bremer in every possible way. Bremer has had two good seasons in a back 3 for a shit team, whilst Koulibaly has been one of the best CBs in Europe for about 6-7 years.

Only advantage with Bremer is his age.
Last season Bremer is better. But you're right that Koulibaly is much more proven because he already consistent for more season. But it doesn't mean he will be better signing for us. Bremer still can improve with 25 years old and he will while Koulibaly is in the wrong side of 30's. Kalulu-Tomori is another example from Milan. They still can improve

I just think we Juve can't do the transfer policy with near 30 old player with big investment. After 2 or 3 years or if the player fail to justify the investment, we will find it hard to sell or price will drop significantly. When we need money to replace or reinvest we can't look to sell our player that can get huge sum

But this different with Inter. They can sell Hakimi to buy Dumfries. Now Dumfries perform and his price go up. Now they ask Skriniar for more than 70m from Chelsea/PSG and plan to use him on Bremer

Last edited:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I guess we won't get much further than Pogba and Di Maria before selling some of the cunts we have... Maybe Kostic at the right price too but I believe we'd need to sell for further investments because we had a big winter mercato as well...

Beki

Jul 9, 2012
I guess we won't get much further than Pogba and Di Maria before selling some of the cunts we have... Maybe Kostic at the right price too but I believe we'd need to sell for further investments because we had a big winter mercato as well...
It is clear that Pogba and an attacking winger is the priority now. If Di Maria accept our offer, I can foresee max another attacking winger and after we need to sell before new arrivals.
At the moment:
LW: ?
CF: Vlahovic, Kean
RW: Chiesa
So clearly, we need 2 wingers before training camp opens and still 2 months to sign other players.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
It is clear that Pogba and an attacking winger is the priority now. If Di Maria accept our offer, I can foresee max another attacking winger and after we need to sell before new arrivals.
At the moment:
LW: ?
CF: Vlahovic, Kean
RW: Chiesa
So clearly, we need 2 wingers before training camp opens and still 2 months to sign other players.
Kostic fits greatly in this team and then we just really need full backs improvement/CB.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Who do you suggest ?
There are some interesting names but no one is linked with us. Badiashille, Gvardiol, Ndicka, Botman, or even Attila Szalai

- - - Updated - - -

Last season Bremer is better. But you're right that Koulibaly is much more proven because he already consistent for more season. But it doesn't mean he will be better signing for us. Bremer still can improve with 25 years old and he will while Koulibaly is in the wrong side of 30's. Kalulu-Tomori is another example from Milan. They still can improve

I just think we Juve can't do the transfer policy with near 30 old player with big investment. After 2 or 3 years or if the player fail to justify the investment, we will find it hard to sell or price will drop significantly. When we need money to replace or reinvest we can't look to sell our player that can get huge sum

But this different with Inter. They can sell Hakimi to buy Dumfries. Now Dumfries perform and his price go up. Now they ask Skriniar for more than 70m from Chelsea/PSG and plan to use him on Bremer
I disagree as they hailed Bremer since he was unkown while Koulibaly you expect things from him.
In any case it seems irrelevant as they say Koulibaly doesnt want to join us because of loyalty to Napoli.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
ADL a few weeks ago said that players who love Napoli take a lower salary or leave and prove they never cared.

Today Il Mattino (Napoli papers) say they heard from his agent he would NEVER play for Juve. Ofc no quotes, just hearsay.

Preparing the ground to blame everything on him like they did with Higuain?

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Koulibaly or no Koulibaly i feel we still need to consider looking for a proven quality CB to get things straighten up, for many reasons, altough if we evaluate the situation right now we kind of already have enough, at least in terms of numbers…. De Ligt - Bonucci - Gatti - Rugani + Danillo as makeshift CB when needed seems not too bad to start with if we do focus the remaining funds on improving the wings and midfield after all, or so it might seem at first sight.

Main concern here tho is that we do not know how available Bonucci will be or what version of him will we see next season along with also Gatti altough promising still largely unproven on the biggest stage, with De Ligt himself not being the most consistent of defenders out there either, meaning we might find ourselfs with some very uncomfortable CB pairings that might be starting in a good chunk of the important games.

If we do go into the new season with this group than it means we are likely putting all confidence in Gatti to stay fit and to live up to the expectations, which i sure hope he will if it eventually comes to it.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Note, we bought Thuram at the age of 29/30 from memory. Cannavaro also right?? Yes different times, we had more money etc...but still, I don't think KK's age is the biggest issue here.
We bought Thuram (who was 29, soon to be 30) for 41m euro. And back then these 41m were like 80 or 90 million today. In the same summer we bought the 29 yo Nedved, and two years later the 31 years old Cannavaro.
31 years is nothing for a CB. 40 million is also nothing for a world class CB.

The only thing that worries me a lot is if money spent elsewhere will leave our retarded midfield as it is, or not improved enough. We can buy the best ones for attack and defense, but we'll still suck without at least 2 new great players in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)