Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (54 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I think we should ignore this thread until May because every rumour will be pure BS until then.
Plenty of players are out of contract by summer and are now free to negotiate terms like Kessie, Pogba, Rudiger, Sule, Christensen, Belotti, Dembele, Brozovic, Kamara, Romagnoli, Di Maria, Tolisso, Onana, Aurier, Azpi, Modric, Perisic, Suarez, Mikhi, Isco, Ginter etc. Some of those names are definitely worthwhile options.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
i didn't forget how he sold vidal and pogba in their prime for much less than their worth and buried all of it to fucking higuain.
That's probably among the few high profile mistakes he made during his time here. He was willing to make up for it by opposing the Ronaldo signing but Tici and Agnelli had other ideas.

Prototype

Oct 22, 2009
Plenty of players are out of contract by summer and are now free to negotiate terms like Kessie, Pogba, Rudiger, Sule, Christensen, Belotti, Dembele, Brozovic, Kamara, Romagnoli, Di Maria, Tolisso, Onana, Aurier, Azpi, Modric, Perisic, Suarez, Mikhi, Isco, Ginter etc. Some of those names are definitely worthwhile options.
Rudiger and Sule all the way, it will be criminal not try to signed them. Wouldn't mind Kessie, but that salary tho

Jun 16, 2020
How was signing Higuain a mistake? Yes, he was expensive but he got us passed Inter for the Scudetto and passed Monaco in the semi’s. Berna and Costa were more harmful

We also recuperated 18m on Higuain when we signed Ronaldo

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
SMS and Zaniolo would not be transfer coups like Pogba or Vidal.

SMS and Zaniolo are already well established as top players in Serie A. You aren't going to get both of them for a combined 12mil. A deal like that may never happen again

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Definitely. I just think media and journalists will throw 1000 names in the next months and chances are high we're interested in none.

I think we'll have a huge mercato in the summer. When I say huge I don't mean quantity wise. My guess is that we'll sign 1 freebie (I think chances are higher we're aiming to get Romagnoli rather than Kessie) and we'll splash cash on one quality player, possibly Sergej. If there's another name it will probably be a good and possibly cheap opportunity.

Locatelli rumors went on for months last year
I think it was more fans/ours wish rather than a rumour that had any grounds, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)