Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
It's not that I think Emre Can is worse than any of those players. He's not. It's that I want us to aim higher for a third CM to partner Matuidi and Pjanic in the starting XI. I'd love to sign Can as the 4th CM, just not as the instant fix to our midfield issues. Perhaps he proves himself here and becomes world class, takes a starting spot. That would be fantastic. But I'd like us to get 2 CMs (Can and someone like Kovacic perhaps) in a class above our current options for CM #3.
Well, that I agree with. I want him as our 4th choice next season.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I mean, Nedved96 has a point there.

Can is older and taller...AND he's a Bayern youth product that played for Leverkusen and Liverpool at the age of 24, already having 20 caps for the german NT.

But hey! that Torreira kid, being only 2 years younger with the best team he ever played for is Sampdoria, clearly is the superior talent. Let's not fool ourselfs.
What does his NT career look like btw?
Barilla and Pellegrino are both better anyway :baus:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I mean, Nedved96 has a point there.

Can is older and taller...AND he's a Bayern youth product that played for Leverkusen and Liverpool at the age of 24, already having 20 caps for the german NT.

But hey! that Torreira kid, being only 2 years younger with the best team he ever played for is Sampdoria, clearly is the superior talent. Let's not fool ourselfs.
What does his NT career look like btw?
What a great way to judge a player. Let’s just look at the teams he’s played for. :facepalm2:

Instead of assuming that Torreira is crap because he plays for Sampdoria, why not watch him play. Torreira has great defensive anticipation and positioning. He’s a good passer and can keep the ball under pressure.

I wouldn’t mind if we got Can, he’s a good player, but I just really like Torreira.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Torreira is better than Can. He’s a better passer, more agile, and more defensively aware. Can is taller and older, that’s it.

Ideally we sell both Khedira and Sturaro in the summer, and get both Torreira and Can. I would prefer Kovacic though but that’s not happening.
Dont know.. Its not that I rate Torreira that high but he can also be a one season wonder. I just remember how some of you were crying for Saponara I bet no one want him to even ride our bench now.. hack I bet no one want him to be our towel guy..
Between Can and Torreira when Can is free and Torreira costs money Id definitely go for Can..
Money wise Id drop both and go for someone serious who has three names...

As for De Vrij - If he doesnt renew with Lazio he`ll be going to Inter IMO - Cant see him coming to us to be our 5th defender when he can start somewhere else..

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Italians :agree:

Footballing master-race.
Front page of #TS reveals that #Juve are making an attempt to sign #Roma's #Florenzi for their Italian project. The player's contract expires in 16 months.

#Florenzi sparks an interest from #Juve because of their Italian project, #Lichtsteiner's potential departure and Florenzi's own versatility. Juve have excellent relationships with his agent, Lucci.

:baus:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)