Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (195 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Of course, i would be against at any combination that includes Bonucci, as he marks the end of our defensive solidarity and significantly downgrades our team.
It's like voluntarily play with 10 players.
What any quality advantage we got, with other players like Ronaldo and Cancelo, we lose on Bonucci.
It's impossible to predict when the handicap of having Bonucci will be proved more important than the advantage we have with a difference maker like CR7, but one time is
enough,forr Bonucci, to disqualify us from the CL.

Any other lousy player we would have get, wouldn't be so important, because soon or later he would be permanently benched.
But with Max, we know that Bonucci will start in each and every important game, no matter how bad he impacts the team.
No matter how many games and titles we lose because of him.
That's why for me Bonucci is the worst player in the world we would have got.
He couldn't hurt that much, no other team, that much, as us, because no other team would allow it. No other team would allow it, not even in Italy, esp after this was proved at Milan...

Having skinny legs cancels the effect of getting CR7, it becomes even more tormenting if you think what we would have accomplished without the utter handicap he is...
I m sure that we will win most of the series A titles in the near future, i am sure that we will completely dominate smaller Italian clubs, i am sure that we will create a false sentiment of superiority and improvement and this is why we will suffer more. This is why we won't see it coming, this is why it will hurt us so much more...

And finally the return of Bonucci as our captain for the next 5 years, means five more years of 3-5-2, means no trident, means one of Dybs or Dcosta will be a bench warmer and will soon ask to be sold, surely for a small fee, as we always do when players push their exit.
And lastly it means than in 3 years we will invest 45-60 mil on Milan to get Caldara or Romagnoli...
So overall a catastrophic mercato, with devastating results for years to come.

Getting Bonaventura and Darmian for Pjanic and Sandro wouldn't have a greater impact now, the important damage is already done...
It would only make sense to doing on them, should we opted to challenge for the CL.
We can win Seria A with Bonaventura and Darmian, but without defensive solidarity, the first team that will push our midfield will easily penetrate our defense and undone us in the CL...

Other sales would harm us, but not kill, the important mortal bullet we ought to dodge was Bonucci and we took it right between the eyes, with a happy face too!!
This is the first time in 2 decades that we are going into the Champions League as favourites. I never really expected to see this in my lifetime.

I would really like to enjoy this moment. And I think fellow older fans will enjoy it too. Its been a long wait.

Your posts are boring, repetitive, not grounded in facts and fill up every thread with unnecessary gloom.

-rep

Buy on AliExpress.com

beowulf

Dec 9, 2012
It might be, but it has nothing at all to do with Bonucci, and more to do with our weakness in midfield.

Our best and most consistent defensive showings in CL were with Bonucci-Chiellini in a back 4.
maybe 3 years ago...now bonucci isn't nearly as good. plus now we have to deal with his useless hoofs across the field.

Apr 19, 2007
maybe 3 years ago...now bonucci isn't nearly as good. plus now we have to deal with his useless hoofs across the field.
That was around 15 months ago they were playing like that. Having his passing ability will help a lot. Im not one to overstate his passing because hes a defender but it will help not only the team but Pjanic as well. We will be very hard to press this year due to not only Bonucci and Pjanic but adding Cancelo whos an option wide and takes the pressure off Sandro as well as having a balzing counter attack with that speed up top

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It might be, but it has nothing at all to do with Bonucci, and more to do with our weakness in midfield.

Our best and most consistent defensive showings in CL were with Bonucci-Chiellini in a back 4.
Defensive showings against weak teams are irrelevant.
When the midfield was hard pressed and overun, a 2CB defense with Bonucci is completely helpless, every team we faced always chose to go past his sector abusing his inability to defend.
Max is not bringing back Bonucci for his defensive inabilities, he wants the 3 man defense

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
That was around 15 months ago they were playing like that. Having his passing ability will help a lot. Im not one to overstate his passing because hes a defender but it will help not only the team but Pjanic as well. We will be very hard to press this year due to not only Bonucci and Pjanic but adding Cancelo whos an option wide and takes the pressure off Sandro as well as having a balzing counter attack with that speed up top
You mean like 3 months ago Bonucci was a defensive rock??
He was making each and every time he was asked to defend, in a 3 man defense, he can avoid defending and let the others engage. In a 2 man defense, he cannot easily hide behind his partner, so his lack of defensive skills shine.
When a team like Juve dominates the game, the opposition doesn't have the possession, the initiative, or the capability to push our defense. So it's an easy job, when a forward is hard pushed by our CMs, to be completely halted by one of our e CMs.
Milan is less powerful and have to face such dangers, more often than us, actually we are only hard pressed in 3-4 derbies in Italy and CL semis, this is only a small percentage of our game when our defenders need to defend.
This is where Bonucci sux.
When we dominate and control the game, Bonucci shines, but this doesn't really means something...

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
3 years ago? You mean 15 months in winter-spring 2017 when Bonucci-Chiellini were dominating every team they came up against before Cardiff.

lol

Useless hoofs though. Good one. Much intelligence. :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

Defensive showings against weak teams are irrelevant.
When the midfield was hard pressed and overun, a 2CB defense with Bonucci is completely helpless, every team we faced always chose to go past his sector abusing his inability to defend.
Max is not bringing back Bonucci for his defensive inabilities, he wants the 3 man defense
Cry some more about being bullied, Princess Cron. :lol2:

Messi-Suarez-Neymar really abused Bonucci in the CL in 2017. :baus:

Anyways, have your fun. History, as always, will laugh at your nonsense.

Apr 19, 2007
You mean like 3 months ago Bonucci was a defensive rock??
He was making each and every time he was asked to defend, in a 3 man defense, he can avoid defending and let the others engage. In a 2 man defense, he cannot easily hide behind his partner, so his lack of defensive skills shine.
When a team like Juve dominates the game, the opposition doesn't have the possession, the initiative, or the capability to push our defense. So it's an easy job, when a forward is hard pushed by our CMs, to be completely halted by one of our e CMs.
Milan is less powerful and have to face such dangers, more often than us, actually we are only hard pressed in 3-4 derbies in Italy and CL semis, this is only a small percentage of our game when our defenders need to defend.
This is where Bonucci sux.
When we dominate and control the game, Bonucci shines, but this doesn't really means something...
Where di I mention 3 months? 15 months ago on our Champions league run we mostly played 4 at the back and were absolutely brilliant. But like you said when we dominate he isnt exposed. Luckily we dominated everyone but Ronaldo that season. Solved that problem didnt we

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
This is the first time in 2 decades that we are going into the Champions League as favourites. I never really expected to see this in my lifetime.

I would really like to enjoy this moment. And I think fellow older fans will enjoy it too. Its been a long wait.

Your posts are boring, repetitive, not grounded in facts and fill up every thread with unnecessary gloom.

-rep
You must be completely clueless of Bonucci's first years with us, no wonder why, since you only joined last year.
better not to talk about things you are clueless. Let me help.
In this forum we have experienced and analyzed Bonucci's terrible shows from his very first day with our jersey. He is the worst defender we had since Molinaro.
Both were only tolerated because of their nationality.
Just to let you know, Bonucci was only tolerated here by our very vocal gay community, for some reason skinny legs soft nature, although not tough enough to be an Italian CB as we know it, he is very attractive to gay ppl.
They love him and they want to... Have him around. So at the beginning tolerance on his person started by them and then by the ppl who are behind the idea that defensive CBs and wingbacks are outdated and every defense need a CM who can pass the ball and offensive wingers, instead of defensive wingbacks.

After trying multiple variations since calciopoli and failed, master tactician Content has managed to find a working formula for our defensive issues. Two lines of defense, one line of 3 CBs and one of 3 CMs.
Because in Italy defense wins the championship, we managed to dominate everything, but when we reached the CL, we discovered that we can only go as far with them.

In a CL final, when it was obvious that having 9 out of 11 ppl guarding the ball, wouldn't help us win it, there was a fight between our players and guess who was the only one who wouldn't want to see the 3 man defense dropped to a more offensive formation?
Well, the one who is unable to defend and in a 2 man defense would look like a clown.
We lost, he left, we found balance, got tools for a more offensive approach and now he is back to drag us back where we failed...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Where di I mention 3 months? 15 months ago on our Champions league run we mostly played 4 at the back and were absolutely brilliant. But like you said when we dominate he isnt exposed. Luckily we dominated everyone but Ronaldo that season. Solved that problem didnt we
I meant at Milan, he wasn't great at 4-4-2 at Milan wasn't he?
Our problem is not when we dominate smaller teams, but how to overcome the few above us and reach the top.
To that, we need to grow stronger and eradicate our weaknesses, because at this level every little details matters.
To have a CB that can't stop his man is much more serious in a 2 man defense, than to have one in a three man defense.
The 4-4-2 you remember had Barzahli as RB and was converted mistake into an assymetrical 3-5-2, at any case, this hybrid system could never host 3 men up-front.
This practically means that the passing from Bonucci means that we can only field one of Dybs or Dcosta

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
People talking about Bonucci so much negative here ...

First i hate him because how he left. But now returned to us means more quality added to our defence. Some guys focus too much on his errors while he was in Milan and forget how we suffered badly at the start of the season untill Max figured it out!!

Second, who talk about him as someone prone to error covered by Chellini and Barzagly, please watch this youtube for his his last time with us, he was super !!

Last, he is better than Benatia and can cover Chellini while he injured.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ixqJJ0sPreY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 195)