Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (21 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
One of the top 5 clubs in the world. Arguably the best player chooses your club. Yet some still have a feeling of inferiority.

You don’t even know what you have.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
I hope winning the CL is not becoming a toxic obsession for the club, we also need to think about the future. If we sign De Ligt and Pogba/Sms this Mercato would be our best ever.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
If someone told you at the beginning of the Mercato that we would end up with Ronaldo, Bonucci, Perin, Can and Cancelo, and only given up Higuain and Caldara in the process, would you have been against that?
Of course, i would be against at any combination that includes Bonucci, as he marks the end of our defensive solidarity and significantly downgrades our team.
It's like voluntarily play with 10 players.
What any quality advantage we got, with other players like Ronaldo and Cancelo, we lose on Bonucci.
It's impossible to predict when the handicap of having Bonucci will be proved more important than the advantage we have with a difference maker like CR7, but one time is
enough,forr Bonucci, to disqualify us from the CL.

Any other lousy player we would have get, wouldn't be so important, because soon or later he would be permanently benched.
But with Max, we know that Bonucci will start in each and every important game, no matter how bad he impacts the team.
No matter how many games and titles we lose because of him.
That's why for me Bonucci is the worst player in the world we would have got.
He couldn't hurt that much, no other team, that much, as us, because no other team would allow it. No other team would allow it, not even in Italy, esp after this was proved at Milan...

Having skinny legs cancels the effect of getting CR7, it becomes even more tormenting if you think what we would have accomplished without the utter handicap he is...
I m sure that we will win most of the series A titles in the near future, i am sure that we will completely dominate smaller Italian clubs, i am sure that we will create a false sentiment of superiority and improvement and this is why we will suffer more. This is why we won't see it coming, this is why it will hurt us so much more...

And finally the return of Bonucci as our captain for the next 5 years, means five more years of 3-5-2, means no trident, means one of Dybs or Dcosta will be a bench warmer and will soon ask to be sold, surely for a small fee, as we always do when players push their exit.
And lastly it means than in 3 years we will invest 45-60 mil on Milan to get Caldara or Romagnoli...
So overall a catastrophic mercato, with devastating results for years to come.

Getting Bonaventura and Darmian for Pjanic and Sandro wouldn't have a greater impact now, the important damage is already done...
It would only make sense to doing on them, should we opted to challenge for the CL.
We can win Seria A with Bonaventura and Darmian, but without defensive solidarity, the first team that will push our midfield will easily penetrate our defense and undone us in the CL...

Other sales would harm us, but not kill, the important mortal bullet we ought to dodge was Bonucci and we took it right between the eyes, with a happy face too!!

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I don't even consider Alex Sandro a "big sale" anymore. If he has to be sold for Pogba, SMS or Marcelo then it's a no-brainer, come on.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
LWB then. With Spinazzola out, we lack that as well.

Selling Sandro doesn't seem like something we could do right now, unless it is to fund Marcelo.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The question is do we need to do a LB or are we back to LWB now that we have wasted money on Bonucci.
Yeah. Because Bonucci didn't play in a back 4 under Allegri at all... we didn't get to 2 CL finals with a Chiellini-Bonucci pairing. :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, i would be against at any combination that includes Bonucci, as he marks the end of our defensive solidarity and significantly downgrades our team.
It's like voluntarily play with 10 players.
What any quality advantage we got, with other players like Ronaldo and Cancelo, we lose on Bonucci.
It's impossible to predict when the handicap of having Bonucci will be proved more important than the advantage we have with a difference maker like CR7, but one time is
enough,forr Bonucci, to disqualify us from the CL.

Any other lousy player we would have get, wouldn't be so important, because soon or later he would be permanently benched.
But with Max, we know that Bonucci will start in each and every important game, no matter how bad he impacts the team.
No matter how many games and titles we lose because of him.
That's why for me Bonucci is the worst player in the world we would have got.
He couldn't hurt that much, no other team, that much, as us, because no other team would allow it. No other team would allow it, not even in Italy, esp after this was proved at Milan...

Having skinny legs cancels the effect of getting CR7, it becomes even more tormenting if you think what we would have accomplished without the utter handicap he is...
I m sure that we will win most of the series A titles in the near future, i am sure that we will completely dominate smaller Italian clubs, i am sure that we will create a false sentiment of superiority and improvement and this is why we will suffer more. This is why we won't see it coming, this is why it will hurt us so much more...

And finally the return of Bonucci as our captain for the next 5 years, means five more years of 3-5-2, means no trident, means one of Dybs or Dcosta will be a bench warmer and will soon ask to be sold, surely for a small fee, as we always do when players push their exit.
And lastly it means than in 3 years we will invest 45-60 mil on Milan to get Caldara or Romagnoli...
So overall a catastrophic mercato, with devastating results for years to come.

Getting Bonaventura and Darmian for Pjanic and Sandro wouldn't have a greater impact now, the important damage is already done...
It would only make sense to doing on them, should we opted to challenge for the CL.
We can win Seria A with Bonaventura and Darmian, but without defensive solidarity, the first team that will push our midfield will easily penetrate our defense and undone us in the CL...

Other sales would harm us, but not kill, the important mortal bullet we ought to dodge was Bonucci and we took it right between the eyes, with a happy face too!!
TLDR.

Have a -rep though.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Indeed. But let's say it is for Pogba or SMS. Who then will play LB?
Don't think it really matters. If you put MDS or Spina there, at least Allegri can plan around their limitations and adapt accordingly. I think MDS is the most average player on earth but he would be perfectly fine there considering the quality around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)