Summer mercato thread 2017-18 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We knew Pogba was out. If we really want a player, he's signed before July. Dybala, Pjanic, Higuain, all done and dusted early. No drawing out to undercut the release clause. Nah, try once, leverage next, or with dybala, just splash their asking price.
like Mascherano would, if Barcelona didnt convince him to stay in the end. and Gotze the year before, if he was a man once in his life. once we cant sign that player we really want, we try to get someone else, which as shown by Matuidi and Draxler examples, doesent always happen

Buy on AliExpress.com

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I just went through them as of December.

-Debt to EBITDA is 2.63x, stripping player sales out of EBITDA.
-Sales are growing by 8% per year (excluding player sales)
-Juventus has a huge balance of fees to payout to other teams in the next 12 months, mostly driven by Higuain.
-I've adjusted for the sales of Evra, Hernanes, and Zaza, while taking into consideration the purchase of Orsolini, Rincon, and Caldara. I've also adjusted for full year of Higuain wages.
-Assuming no purchases or sales, and 7% revenue growth, and 8MM in wage increases given to various players, December 2017 EBITDA will be 82.81 MM up from 67MM at December 2016.
-When I assume a James purchase, I assume 70MM over 3 years, with a 7MM wage. I assume additional purchases of 30MM with a $#@!ulative wage of 3MM, and NO SALES OF PLAYERS.

The result is this for December 2017

-Cash flow for the year of -74MM, which is definitely a large investment.
-EBITDA of 72MM from 67MM at December 2016
-Net Debt (debt - cash) will be 251MM, up from 177MM in December 2016 (this is mostly driven by the investment)
-That results in a net debt to EBITDA ratio of 3.46x, up from 2.17x at December 2016, but down from 3.87x at July 2016.
-My belief is 3-4x EBITDA is reasonable for this type of company. Realistically, the company actually has decent capacity to make further purchases.

To stay under 4x leverage, the company can spend about 60MM more and add 9 million more in wages on top of James. That would be aggressive however.
That being said 100MM in transfer outlays and a wage increase of 10MM (along with my 8MM assumed increase) is totally reasonable.
I'm assuming you didn't consider Benatia In-Coman Out cuz it's almost a trade. Lemina sale should cover Betancour plus 6-10M in revenue.

In two years we are gonna have a new TV deal so that's gonna create immediately an impact in our operation income so totally agree, Juve can increase their leverage but the question is: DO they have the will to do it? Not so sure

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Its called realism.

We sold Pogba, and got Higuain+Pjanic, and made a near 0 net spend summer

If we had "economic power", we would have gotten Higuain, Pjanic AND a big name physical midfielder.

We didnt, we reinvested.
Get your facts straight, we netted 72 millions for Pogba after Raiola's cut meaning we paid 58 millions in addition of the Pogba money to get Pjanic and Higuain (94 millions and 36 millions respectively if I recall). Add 20 millions for Pjaca. We were also looking for a midfielder all summer but there were no alternatives.

Marotta said he would have bought Higuain regardless of Pogba leaving. He could be bluffing, but by doing that he would also add more pressure to himself for the next mercati since according to him we have enough purchasing power for a huge signing. Fact is he stated that we do, and that's the only fact. The rest is assumptions.

Thing is, I know by now that you're intellectually dishonest and twist facts to suit your assumptions. If your reply isn't honest I probably won't bother.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Get your facts straight, we netted 72 millions for Pogba after Raiola's cut meaning we paid 58 millions in addition of the Pogba money to get Pjanic and Higuain (94 millions and 36 millions respectively if I recall). Add 20 millions for Pjaca. We were also looking for a midfielder all summer but there were no alternatives.

Marotta said he would have bought Higuain regardless of Pogba leaving. He could be bluffing, but by doing that he would also add more pressure to himself for the next mercati since according to him we have enough purchasing power for a huge signing. Fact is he stated that we do, and that's the only fact. The rest is assumptions.

Thing is, I know by now that you're intellectually dishonest and twist facts to suit your assumptions. If your reply isn't honest I probably won't bother.
we also sold morata

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
dont forget to factor in the inflation in transfer fees that the pogba precedent is likely to trigger. UTD City Chelsea and probably Arsenal too for once will be bidding for everything that moves. While we are growing financially, they are all growing at a faster rate and it is almost certain that they will spend more than they did last season. I would not be surprised if James goes for 80 mill if not more.

I think the insane wealth and spending intent of others is the main challenge now.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
James Sanchez and Verratti would all be nice but it is more likely to see Bernardeschi and Tolisso
The question is the formation 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2
If 4-3-1-2 its Buffon;A.Sandro Chiellini Bonucci Alves;Tolisso Marchisio Pjanic;Bernardeschi;Dybala Higuain
If 4-2-3-1 its Buffon;A.Sandro Chiellini Bonucci Alves;Marchisio/Tolisso Pjanic;Bernardeschi Dybala Cuadrado;Higuain

Cuad is adding some quality so a formation with Cuad in it gives us a good advantage but 4-3-1-2 is far more stable IMO

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
SELL: Coman 21m, Zaza 20m, Lemina 18mm, (+Hernanes 10m) = 69m
IN: D.Costa 45m, Bernardeschi 40m, Tolisso 40m, Benatia 17m, Bentancur 9.4m, Spinazzola back from loan. = 152m

4231 A: Buffon Alves Bonucci Chiellini Sandro Marchisio Pjanic Bernardeschi Dybala Costa Higuain
4231 B: Neto Lichtsteiner Barzagli Benatia/Rugani Asamoah Khedira/Rincon Tolisso/Sturaro Cuadrado Bentancur Pjaca Mandzukic

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I loved that midfield.
The 4231 surprised opponents and made us fresher for a while. But a 4312 with good midfielders is so Nice to see.
Shame Pjanic and Khedira struggle in it.
Miralem hasn't been tested as a 3/4 in that formation. It could work.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Yeah, it only led us to CL final, no big deal.
Reconstruct one of the best midfields of the decade (maybe more?) and I will play that formation. But we also could play any other formation with those players and still experience success.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
I'm assuming you didn't consider Benatia In-Coman Out cuz it's almost a trade. Lemina sale should cover Betancour plus 6-10M in revenue.

In two years we are gonna have a new TV deal so that's gonna create immediately an impact in our operation income so totally agree, Juve can increase their leverage but the question is: DO they have the will to do it? Not so sure
Yeah since Betancur isn't official yet, I hadn't included it in my numbers (fee, wage, payment details), but he could be because in the available budget that I outlined.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We desperately need 2 players for next season
1 great CM
1 great LW/AMC (depends on formation)
4-2-3-1 Cuad is great Dybala is great and Higuain is great - Mandzukic is doing his job in a great manner but we can improve with a better dribbler and passer and if he could finish as well...
4-3-1-2 AM is needed unless we play Dybala there and then we would need a CF...

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
4-3-1-2 will not compliment our midfield.. Pjanic and Marchisio aren't mobile enough, and we will need too many signings.
Ogrut is right, we need 2 WC cm and lw, and an attacking RB will also be useful, though my view on Alves is always changing... sometimes he's great, sometimes just garbage.

Sell: Rincon, Sturaro, Lemina, Mandz probably (will not accept being a substitute, and not good enough as LW backup or ST backup anyway, though the guy has Juventus DNA so would love if he stays).

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
4-3-1-2 will not compliment our midfield.. Pjanic and Marchisio aren't mobile enough, and we will need too many signings.
Ogrut is right, we need 2 WC cm and lw, and an attacking RB will also be useful, though my view on Alves is always changing... sometimes he's great, sometimes just garbage.

Sell: Rincon, Sturaro, Lemina, Mandz probably (will not accept being a substitute, and not good enough as LW backup or ST backup anyway, though the guy has Juventus DNA so would love if he stays).
:lol:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please post more, we need more hilarious uncontrolled laughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)