Summer Mercato season 2024-25 (97 Viewers)

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Rightly so, he's not worth the 7 mill wage, and is far too inconsistent. Too many average performances, when he's good he's an asset. It'll be tough to replace his 'experience' though.
True, these high wages have killed us for too long and it's not as if he justified it. He had like one very good season in 5 (?) seasons now.
He's a silent guy, don't think his experience really amounts to much. We need leaders to guide these youngsters, not followers.

Buy on AliExpress.com

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
GK: Sczcesny Perin Pinsoglio
Fullbacks: Danilo Cambiaso Dorgu Kayode
CBs: Califiori Bremer Huijsen Gatti
CMs: Locatelli Thuram Ferguson McKennie Fagioli Miretti
RW: Soule Anderson
LW: Chiesa Yildiz
CF: Vlahovic Martial

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Really need to know if Motta is the manager or not, because a lot of moves will depend on it. For example, Enzo would fit perfectly as a DM in his system, but under Allegri he would just be a squad player with no runway for playing time. I also question where Locatelli would fit in Mottas system.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Really need to know if Motta is the manager or not, because a lot of moves will depend on it. For example, Enzo would fit perfectly as a DM in his system, but under Allegri he would just be a squad player with no runway for playing time. I also question where Locatelli would fit in Mottas system.
Locatelli flourished as a DM when Sassuolo played 4231. Played this role for many years at Sassuolo. I think it's his best position.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Some links to Hidemasa Morita of Sporting as a "Rabiot replacement" (he's nothing like him).

Probably wouldn't be super expensive but not in the ideal age range for me.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He will be.

He’s off contract at the end of the season with Bologna, there’s been rumours about him signing since the end of last season and he seems exactly like the sort of profile Giuntoli would like to work with.

I don’t want to see a coach who plays a fucking back 3 ever again. Sick to fucking death of that garbage. That’s why I’m looking forward to what Motta can bring to the table. 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 all about high pressing and movement from our players. Sign me up.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Atalanta aren't short of money either, plus Juve tax, so we should avoid any of their players unless they are on expiring contracts or free.

If they had someone truly exceptional for 60m or whatever and we could afford it then fair enough.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Charlie Patino (20) is set to leave Arsenal for free at the end of the season.Juventus are at the window to potentially sign him this summer.

[@_Morik92_)

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
GK: Sczcesny Perin Pinsoglio
Fullbacks: Danilo Cambiaso Dorgu Kayode
CBs: Califiori Bremer Huijsen Gatti
CMs: Locatelli Thuram Ferguson McKennie Fagioli Miretti
RW: Soule Anderson
LW: Chiesa Yildiz
CF: Vlahovic Martial
Overall not a bad idea and a cheaper road moving forward given our limited budget.
I have only seen Dorgu once so I leave the judgement to others. I am also a fantastically poor scout/judge of players. So my following criticism should be taken with a pinch of salt, or a bunchload.
Whenever I've seen Anderson this year he has been either a winger or a wingback and looked really poor but it could by chance since I never have the time to watch full games (I see bits and parts when my kids allow me to). During the derby last weekend he was a wingback and offered nothing in either direction whenever I was watching. He is free, but if he adds nothing we might as well play some youngster of our own.
I prefer Chiesa as a RW because he is more dangerous there since his shooting is abysmal. In a CL game I'd rather let Yildiz be LW and let him drift inside and have an attack LB and mezzela to help occupy the flank.
Soule doesn't seem to ready to be a starter. One year ago I would laugh at the idea, and he has exploded since. He may become really good but he is a bit inconsistent (as expected) and I am not sure he will be ready next year. And I would be scared if Anderson would be the starter instead.
Martial is the definition of inconsistency. Has two games every year when he is WC and then goes back to his usual self or is out with injury. He is also expensive even if he comes for free. I'd even prefer Milik or Kean if those are the alternatives.
Who would be the starters in that midfield trio? I see Fagioli as the only natural regista and the rest are B2B midfielders (from my understanding). Would be nice with a more creative player in there.

I can only give my opinions, I have no solutions of my own. Yes, I am that bore.

Jun 16, 2020
We won't sign an expensive CF when we have Vlahovic.

And Zirkzee is like Firmino. He does everything well except score goals consistently.
If we sign him either Vlahovic or Bremer will be sacrificed.

The interesting part is that Vlahovic and Zirkzee could coexist together, I think they would compliment each other pretty well, flanked by Chiesa and Soule. Yildiz and Anderson as subs.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013

The interesting part is that Vlahovic and Zirkzee could coexist together, I think they would compliment each other pretty well, flanked by Chiesa and Soule. Yildiz and Anderson as subs.
4-2-4 - the dream

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

On the basis that rabiot goes, I recon we will sign 3 midfielders this summer, I recon Soule will fund a large portion of that revolution, If Bremer goes we will sign another CB asides from Calafiori.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 32, Guests: 61)