Summer Mercato season 2023-24 (56 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Tek is the highest paid keeper, third highest overall, in Serie A, he should be more than just "good." So if someone is willing to buy him, Giuntoli should POUNCE.
I didnt say I prefer him to stay. He is one of the best in Italy though. He is pretty solid but he wouldnt make that extra saves and there is something about him I cant really call what it is but he doesnt have that presence in the area. With Buffon you felt safe and not just because of his amazing goalkeeping skills, I mean even late in his career when he was our 2nd GK he still had that presence, Woj doesnt.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Am I the only one literally scared that we added only one player and we will basically start the season in 20 days with almost same team as last year?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Am I the only one literally scared that we added only one player and we will basically start the season in 20 days with almost same team as last year?
They did say they need to sell first.
I expect us to sell Vlahovic and get Lukaku while Kessie might come but if he doesnt we will bring someone else at his position

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I'm not really scared. We severely underplayed last season and still finished top 4 (before points deduction).

If we can finish top 4 with how Vlahovic performed and no Chiesa or Pogba for most of the year, I feel like even getting Pogba for a third of a season and Chiesa for a full season will mean better results. At the same time Napoli has been nearly stripped and sold off and Inter has been weakened. Milan is the only club I think has had a decent offseason.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I'm not really scared. We severely underplayed last season and still finished top 4 (before points deduction).

If we can finish top 4 with how Vlahovic performed and no Chiesa or Pogba for most of the year, I feel like even getting Pogba for a third of a season and Chiesa for a full season will mean better results. At the same time Napoli has been nearly stripped and sold off and Inter has been weakened. Milan is the only club I think has had a decent offseason.
my worry is that vlahovic can easily be worse if his pubalgia annoys him a bit more. i have a feeling that he should have been operated months ago. also, weah is probably a downgrade on semi retired cuadrado, sandro only got older, pogba won't be available for 1/3 of the season, and we don't have di maria. gatti gained experience, barring an injury chiesa will be much better, fagioli will be available for day 1, these are the positives. but midfield hasn't been addressed (with sergej gone to the desert frattesi looks like a missed opportunity), attack stayed more or less the same, so overall it's a weaker squad and having a coach who's most probably not fully backed by the locker, neither he looks being capable of turning this squad into a team doesn't help too much either.

i have also given up most hope about next season. i'll probably keep watching juve on cruise control but with zero excitement.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
my worry is that vlahovic can easily be worse if his pubalgia annoys him a bit more. i have a feeling that he should have been operated months ago. also, weah is probably a downgrade on semi retired cuadrado, sandro only got older, pogba won't be available for 1/3 of the season, and we don't have di maria. gatti gained experience, barring an injury chiesa will be much better, fagioli will be available for day 1, these are the positives. but midfield hasn't been addressed (with sergej gone to the desert frattesi looks like a missed opportunity), attack stayed more or less the same, so overall it's a weaker squad and having a coach who's most probably not fully backed by the locker, neither he looks being capable of turning this squad into a team doesn't help too much either.

i have also given up most hope about next season. i'll probably keep watching juve on cruise control but with zero excitement.
Good point about Di Maria, he won us a few games. But he was a flojito for most of the season. Hopefully as you imply chiesa can make up some of that ground as well as hopefully Dusan if he wakes up a d goes to therapy

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
How far off is Neuer from returning @BayernFan ?
I dont think anyone can answer that. He's not even back 100% yet from his skiing incident, and Bayern are looking for another starting caliber GK.

Do we even know when he'll be back this season? Reading between the lines, it doesnt sounds like they're 100% convinced on Neuer's return. He'll be their #1 guy when he's back, but who knows when that will be at this point. It's like Pogba. Until he starts actually training with the team, I dont consider him close to returning.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

Huh? Napoli stripped and sold off? They only lost one noteworthy player. Milan have strengthened and Inter hasn't weakened at all - they added Thuram and Fratessi. Meanwhile, we're still shit and we have a garbage coach who wants Lolcacku and some other old expired trash that he craves. If anything, we will struggle to finish in the top 3 positions, but 4th place should be achievable, considering how pathetic the rest of the league is and the fact that we don't have any European committments. However, if Lazio or Roma add more quality to their respective squads, we could be in trouble. Our defense and wide positions (fullbacks and wingers) are mediocre at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)