Summer mercato 2015 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
In other news, Gerson's father said that his son is going to Barca in january. Lol. This guy may be down for a huge disappointment. Barcelona doesn't have the obligation to put in a transfer offer. They're still monitoring the guy. Fluminense is as stupid as it gets for rejecting a Juve offer for now. Instead they have a gentleman's agreement to sell to Barcelona, even though they didn't equal the offer.

Gerson had another poor game last weekend. And Fluminense keeps winnng. Other kids are playing much better than him. At this rate, I doubt Barcelona will make such a big offer by the end of the year, when Juve may be out of the race. And Fluminense may end this on empty hands.

I'm moving to Rio, I'm associated to the club and I should be running that shit. Fucking amateurs.

About Fluminense, youth's intake has been very good. Juve should keep their eyes on Marlon, a left footed CB, classy, strong, tall enough, quick, very good passing and decent positioning and good antecipating. I think he was in the best 11 of the U20 World Cup. Because of the position he plays, and because he shares attention with Kenedy and Gerson, nobody really talks about him. Right now he's on the bench because defense has been solid for Fluminense. No hype at all.

His worth shouldn't be more than 7/8M. This signing I'd love. World Class potential, good floor. Can contribute right away, Juve needs a left footed CB do develop. He would be perfect to be developed for 2 years in smaller Serie A clubs while Rugani becomes solid for the club and Barzagli retires, and while Chiellini declines.

Would love if Juve could identify this as a better deal than Gerson's. Get Marlon, forget Gerson.

Even a kid called Gustavo Scarpa, who came out of nowhere and looks like a thin mouse, is showing more quality than Gerson (despite Scarpa being already 21 and Gerson only recently completed 18).

I also like Marcos Junior, a 20 yr old second striker who is short, but strong. Fast, runs like hell, plays like a bull, moves all around the pitch and helps the midfield. Is smart, has good vision and passes... just can't score lol. But even him has been more important than Gerson.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Scarpa? I'm sure we can find an Italian passport for him somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW is Fluminense the current hotbed of talent, considering Nathan and Kenedy are also through their system?

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Nope, Nathan is from Atletico Paranaense.

But yes, Fluminense right now has on the top youth ranks of the country. There really is a bunch of kids with talent coming up.

And as I said, it's a club in dire need of money. They shouldn't be selling expensive. Gerson and Kenedy were because of the hype from South American U20, and one being 17 and the other 18.

But right now there's a new influx of youth around the country. There seems to be some new real talent. I could go in details in another thread, don't know which.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Ah, I really must have overlapped the two players.

If Kenedy, a far more established player and striker goes for £6.3m, then why are we being quoted around £15m for some average looking kid?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Nope, Nathan is from Atletico Paranaense.

But yes, Fluminense right now has on the top youth ranks of the country. There really is a bunch of kids with talent coming up.

And as I said, it's a club in dire need of money. They shouldn't be selling expensive. Gerson and Kenedy were because of the hype from South American U20, and one being 17 and the other 18.

But right now there's a new influx of youth around the country. There seems to be some new real talent. I could go in details in another thread, don't know which.
@Albertmare

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Ah, I really must have overlapped the two players.

If Kenedy, a far more established player and striker goes for £6.3m, then why are we being quoted around £15m for some average looking kid?
The reported full price of Kenedy's sale is 10M euros here. Only 70 pcent wento to Fluminense.

Actually Kenedy is not far more established than Gerson. He's a bit older, started before Gerson on professionals (last year), and he wasn't really great. He developed slower.

Kenedy is definitely more ready than Gerson, but Gerson's attributes are more rare and valued, I believe. He does have very good vision of the pitch and great passing, with those classic long / through balls which are rare to see nowadays.

Also the hype on Gerson was much bigger. He was, as a 17 yr old, the starter AM, number 10 of Brazil U20 team. It starts solely by this fact.

The problem is he is very flawed, and people still only catch the hype.

I'm sure in the end the price he'll go will be similar to Kenedy's. Around 10M.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13,210
    Juve confirm Tevez deal.

6.5m from Boca.

Vadalá loan till 2017 for 3.5m € + option to buy for 9.4m

option on rights to buy in 2017-18 for:

Bentancur: 9.4m

Cristaldo 8.2m

Cubas 6.9m

Juve pay 1m per each option.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
    Thing is both kids are very strong for their age, this makes a lot of difference in youth competitions.

Kenedy was a grown man with 17 yrs old. Not only very strong, but very fast and with a great left foot. Great shooting. But poor fundamentals like passing and mainly decision making - IQ.

It's normal at that age but his right leg is very weak and I don't see him really improving it. I'd always wanted to see him playin as a mobile CF, since he has the body to use with his back to the defenders.. but they insist on playin him as advanced forward on the right, always cutting to the middle and shooting. It limits him a lot. I don't think he has WC potential at this position, not at all. But as a mobile CF, with more freedom to move, he could become a monster.

Gerson also doesn't use his right foot to save his life. But he's very composed and strong to his age.

Actually, he hasn't been playing well, but his stamina is definitely improving, I see. He's also helping defense all the time. They are using him as an AM/winger on the right, which also limits him.

I still think his future should be as a CM. He's got dribbling technique enough to use it when needed, has good vision and great passing. But still too slow to be a forward or even an AM. But he's showing he can learn to defend and take on contact. He looks thiny but he's ripped and very strong, naturally.

As a CM future maybe very good for him. But it's still question mark. Definitely have been average on offensive end for most of time, at least as right sided winger.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
    Juve confirm Tevez deal.

6.5m from Boca.

Vadalá loan till 2017 for 3.5m € + option to buy for 9.4m

option on rights to buy in 2017-18 for:

Bentancur: 9.4m

Cristaldo 8.2m

Cubas 6.9m

Juve pay 1m per each option.
    LOL. We got fucked in this. They are valuing the loan of a youngster as 1.75 per season.

Prices are high, but at least are set.

If one of the kids is a gem this might be worth it.

But yeah, we didn't get even a % on Vadalà's current value, didn't get a discount on his future fee.

All final prices are high for kids coming from Argentina.

They basically got Tevez for free...

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13,217
    I don,t mind the deal if one of these 4 make it. We were gonna lose Tevez for free next season anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)