Streaming Juve matches? Try Sopcast for best quality (Guide) (2 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
This is just a quick guide I'll whip up before the match tonight, I'll fill in more later.

The best option for free streaming of matches is Sopcast. It has superior video and audio due to its increased bitrate. It's only officially available for Windows. You need a decent connection to enjoy Sopcast broadcasts but nothing amazing, I think you'll be fine with 2-4 Mbit/s or so. Anyway, to the guide:

1. Download a install Sopcast. Just install with the default options:

http://www.sopcast.org/download/

2. Start Sopcast and log in as anonymous

3. Go to Wiziwig.tv and click the match you want to see. Then click the "Live" icon. Here are the streams for Serie A:

http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.p...football&archive=no&allowedDays=2,3,4,5,6,7,1

4. From the filter dropdown, select only Sopcast streams

5. Take notice of the bitrates to the right. I would stick to streams above 1000 kbit/s.

6. Click "Play now" for the sopcast stream you'd like to try and it automatically starts up Sopcast and displays the stream in its built in video player. You can also play the streams through VLC if you select that in the options, I'll explain more later.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Socrates

Apr 2, 2012
Hi...just wanted to say thanks for putting that together. I've been watching these crappy streams and this sopcast stuff is a huge jump in quality. Cheers!

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
Sopcast is the best you can find indeed, sometimes the quality is better than the one i have on tv, especially when alex provides us with that russian sopcast channel the quality is amazing!

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
:thumbs: Thanks Marty! ESPN are not showing the Palermo game, nor the milan vs viola (I wonder why! :klin: ) I have complained as they have a rubbishy EPL match on when Juve are due to play

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
3. Go to Wiziwig.tv and click the match you want to see. Then click the "Live" icon. Here are the streams for Serie A:

http://livefootball.ws/

---------- Post added 06.04.2012 at 22:06 ----------

Sopcast is the best you can find indeed, sometimes the quality is better than the one i have on tv, especially when alex provides us with that russian sopcast channel the quality is amazing!
Some IPTV linlks or tvsector HD Links better :D

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Hi, can I ask a complete noob quesiton? I've always avoided sopcast as someone told me it was really risky in terms of opening up your computer to anyone who wants to get in - but that was a while ago. I've googled security and sopcast and can't find anything helpful that's recent. So the question is, what are the risks, have there been any security improvements etc? Bit paranoid I know, but I'm getting really fed up with these crappy streams. Cheers

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I reckon you can find people saying a program is dangerous for pretty much every bit of software though. I'm not saying SopCast is fully safe, since I honestly haven't the slightest clue, but I've never had any problems with/because of it.

It's miles and miles ahead of any other program or browser streams, so it's worth the risk, if it's there at all.

OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #10
    @maxi: No problems here either, I'm pretty sure Sopcast is safe. Be sure to download it from the official site though.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
    Cheers for that; I guess the best security measure is the opinion of everyday users. If you're all watching on it and all havent had your computers messed with, it must be pretty safe. Are you guys using any particular security or just basic firewalls/virus protection?

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #12
    I just use the basic Windows firewall for my PC (which is where I watch the matches from) :)

Ken

The Dutch Touch
    Aug 17, 2007
    Cheers for that; I guess the best security measure is the opinion of everyday users. If you're all watching on it and all havent had your computers messed with, it must be pretty safe. Are you guys using any particular security or just basic firewalls/virus protection?
    I use ESET Smart Security. I do run malware scans and stuff from time to time, but I don't have any other software constantly running/scanning.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
    It's no more harmful than any other P2P software, so if you are using BitTorrent it's more or less the same as using SopCast.

Btw, how do I configure Sopcast for linux? I can't get it to work :confused:

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
    I finally had sop cast working on my PC. I have Macs but i have a Dell HTPC connected to my plasma.....Sopcast software doesn't really work on the mac....but last time i used sop cast it was totally smooth although i only watched it in Russian. Hopefully next time I use it I can find a good english or italian link to use for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)