Stock Market (5 Viewers)

OP
AFL_ITALIA

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
  • Thread Starter #1,643
    Despite the drop yesterday, it’s been a great past few weeks
    Sorry that was my fault, I threw a few hundred into SPY at about 12:30-1.
    Private credit for the win

fvck the public markets
    But I don't have some millions lying around to lend sir, I can only get their money indirectly when they buy my company's software.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    I'll share my referral link to Tate University again. I've accumulated hundreds of dollars in my portfolio since I graduated with my double PhD back in 2018.

OP
    AFL_ITALIA

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
  • Thread Starter #1,649
    So today I've learned of the existence of SVOL and TLTW. The first essentially being an inverse of the VIX and the second to perform well if the Fed lowers their rate. But aside from that, their dividend payments are HUGE. Anyone have any experience with these?

They seem really complex and pretty risky, especially the first going into an election year. I'll be looking into them more.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
    So today I've learned of the existence of SVOL and TLTW. The first essentially being an inverse of the VIX and the second to perform well if the Fed lowers their rate. But aside from that, their dividend payments are HUGE. Anyone have any experience with these?

They seem really complex and pretty risky, especially the first going into an election year. I'll be looking into them more.
    Did you get those Youtube ads as well :p

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Could someone offer some perspective for me? I got Nvidia a few years ago because I liked the company but didn't really look it up. It was mostly based on me growing up always getting their graphic cards and they seemed to be strong still.

Since then a lot of things have gone their way, riding the luck in some sense but also a productive organization. AI or not I believe the company will still be a good company in ten years so part of me want to keep the stock but the other part of me is screaming sell because AI is too early and the company is over valued. What should I do? What are your thoughts? Because right now I'm stuck and unsure what to do even if I sell.

Sent from my Samsung via Tapatalk

Apr 9, 2015
    Could someone offer some perspective for me? I got Nvidia a few years ago because I liked the company but didn't really look it up. It was mostly based on me growing up always getting their graphic cards and they seemed to be strong still.

Since then a lot of things have gone their way, riding the luck in some sense but also a productive organization. AI or not I believe the company will still be a good company in ten years so part of me want to keep the stock but the other part of me is screaming sell because AI is too early and the company is over valued. What should I do? What are your thoughts? Because right now I'm stuck and unsure what to do even if I sell.

How many do you have?
    Nvidia is indeed overvalued and riding on the 'AI/semiconductor-tech-hype'. But it is the biggest company for graphic cards and other chips and I think they will be the biggest for a long long time. Their competitors are fairly smaller with less decisiveness to grow and do R&D. The big minus for some investors is that they earn a lot of money, but burn the same amount of money in R&D and sometimes your R&D is not profitable anymore (Those are the investors that like proven businesses, mostly these who give good dividends).

My advice, but I am not a financial expert. If you have 100 shares, I should sell a part of it. When you sell 30 shares you secured a good profit en let the rest run, the better is to come I think. I don't know what a few years is for you but if you bought it for like 200 and have now 800, you have 400% margin. You could sell some shares to get your initial investment out of it.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    How many do you have?
    Nvidia is indeed overvalued and riding on the 'AI/semiconductor-tech-hype'. But it is the biggest company for graphic cards and other chips and I think they will be the biggest for a long long time. Their competitors are fairly smaller with less decisiveness to grow and do R&D. The big minus for some investors is that they earn a lot of money, but burn the same amount of money in R&D and sometimes your R&D is not profitable anymore (Those are the investors that like proven businesses, mostly these who give good dividends).

My advice, but I am not a financial expert. If you have 100 shares, I should sell a part of it. When you sell 30 shares you secured a good profit en let the rest run, the better is to come I think. I don't know what a few years is for you but if you bought it for like 200 and have now 800, you have 400% margin. You could sell some shares to get your initial investment out of it.
    Wise, thank you! Thank you for your analysis too, it makes a lot of sense!

It was my largest investment at the time and now it comprises most of my portfolio. But I am not that kind of rich :D I have 15 and can then part way with maybe 5 I guess? Can't remember what I purchased them for and over the years I have previously said off 5 (long time ago) and sold and reacquired in dips on a few occasions. Can't remember what the price was, it was prior to the split.

With so many other poor investments I'm fortunate that at least this one worked out.

Apr 9, 2015

It was my largest investment at the time and now it comprises most of my portfolio. But I am not that kind of rich :D I have 15 and can then part way with maybe 5 I guess? Can't remember what I purchased them for and over the years I have previously said off 5 (long time ago) and sold and reacquired in dips on a few occasions. Can't remember what the price was, it was prior to the split.

With so many other poor investments I'm fortunate that at least this one worked out.

You should choose it by yourself. I think 3-7 shares are reasonable to sell, so 5 is perfect in the middle. Nvdia is a great stock and will be growing, but it is wise to sell something and make your portofolio more balanced. Even if it is the most unpredictable uncertain thing ever, everything can happen, so it is good to secure the bag and balance your portofolio. For example look at Volkswagen after their diesel-gate. You don't want your biggest assest burned so hard ;)

OP
    AFL_ITALIA

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
  • Thread Starter #1,657

Not sure where you have your brokerage account but you should be able to check the cost basis somewhere online/in the app pretty easily.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Not sure where you have your brokerage account but you should be able to check the cost basis somewhere online/in the app pretty easily.
    I know, but too lazy to check it. I'm not very active myself, especially since most of my stuff went down the drain :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)