Still No Tacchi for Trap (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
creativity isnt a problem. we have totti, cassano, del piero, fiore, miccoli for that. add pirlo and gattuso, who complement each other beautifully and we have enough creativity in the team.

but if wanted to be solid in midfield and have a very balanced team, something like this is more than enough.

buffon
oddo nesta cann zam
gattuso pirlo maresca
totti
vieri cassano

its very solid in all areas. And Tacchinardi wouldnt really be needed. but if traps is going to opt for the 2 DM in the 4-2-3-1 formation, than tacchinardi would be good to have in the team.

good combo's:

1. gattuso-pirlo
2. tacchinardi- maresca
3. zanetti- perrotta

it just depends on the formation and tactics.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by tacchina ] ++
Trappatoni has again left Tacchi out of a friendly match??

Is there something wrong with Trap? Ok, matbe Tacchi hasn't been as good this season as he was last season, but he isn't playing bad either. He controls the midfield at Juve, surely Trap could do with some of that in the National Team, no?
He has lowered himself to the levels of Materazzi and Montero with this antics and aggresive play....like I said he is ending his career on the same note as Dino Baggio. What a shame. To be honest there is no reason to include him on the team..he is not as talented as a DP and Totti or as necessary and irreplaceable as Nesta and Cannavaro. There is a pool of midfielders to pick from and Trap seems to want to give some young guys experience...C. Zanetti and Gattuso.
I don't see the big deal in not picking Tacchinardi: fair to say his time with the Azzuri is probably done..though maybe I could see him as a useful back-up.
Your letting your "admiration" for a player get in the way of logical reasoning. Hey I'm a Baggio fan but I won't yell "FOUL" if WHEN Trap does not select him. Be realistic..your acting as if he is the missing link and in absolute astonishment as to why he didn't call him up.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
realistically thinking, tacchinardi has been brilliant the past two scudetto winning seasons and never got a chance. Zanetti and perrotta are not good enough in my opinion. i'd rather see ambrosini and tacchinardi and the likes of maresca and de rossi in there.

Tacchinardi hasnt done anything special this season and probably doesnt deserve it. but that rule should apply for all, ie. zanetti, perrotta..even Camoranesi in midfield.

Gattuso and Pirlo are the ones for me. they play together every week and are great.

gattuso--pirlo--maresca

have that in midfield and we'll demolish any other team.
Thats an interesting combo but too early in their careers to take a chance with....

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
too early? well, Maresca is the only one there who hasnt really had exeprience.

Gattuso and pirlo have been around for many years now, playing in Serie A and playing for the national teams at all levels. They play for Milan and basically were a main reason for Milan winning the CL last season. these two are most certainly ready for it.

Maresca currently is the best young midfielder going around. no player makes the impact that he does when coming on for juve. but he does lack exeprience in the NT and playing alongside pirlo and gattuso. i just feel that he could be the 'Seedorf' for italy so to speak in midfield. resembling the milan style game.

i dont see how it is really too early though...every other nation plays their best players at that time, why shouldnt we?

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
too early? well, Maresca is the only one there who hasnt really had exeprience.

Gattuso and pirlo have been around for many years now, playing in Serie A and playing for the national teams at all levels. They play for Milan and basically were a main reason for Milan winning the CL last season. these two are most certainly ready for it.

Maresca currently is the best young midfielder going around. no player makes the impact that he does when coming on for juve. but he does lack exeprience in the NT and playing alongside pirlo and gattuso. i just feel that he could be the 'Seedorf' for italy so to speak in midfield. resembling the milan style game.

i dont see how it is really too early though...every other nation plays their best players at that time, why shouldnt we?
OK maybe you didn't notice but INCUBOROSSONERO means Black and Red Nightmare i.e. MILAN FAN! You are going to tell me about Pirlo? what experience does Pirlo have on the NT as he has barely been called up since September and did not feature in any of the tournaments....given his age. Gattuso is barely on the team and ever since the WC has been called up close to never. What are talking about? You are talking as if they have been on the team time and time again. What I said was that putting Maresca, Pirlo and Gattuso as a trio was risky because a) Maresca never played with either of them..a major tournament is not the time to experiment. b) Pirlo has BARELY played on the National c) Maresca does not START for Juve .. why should he start for Italy?
Pirlo and Maresca are fairly close in age...please don't tell me Maresca is the best around...however I pretty certain you did not have Pirlo in mind because Pirlo plays like he is 29 (experience wise). Most are surprised by his age. (ONE year older than Maresca). DID YOU KNOW THAT?
To answer your question: We shouldn't because Trap does not have the BALLS to call them up when its time: qualifiers when they can "make their bones"....he is creating more and more enemies among the brightest in Italy..

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Pirlo plays like he is 29 (experience wise). Most are surprised by his age. (ONE year older than Maresca). DID YOU KNOW THAT?
To answer your question: We shouldn't because Trap does not have the BALLS to call them up when its time: qualifiers when they can "make their bones"....he is creating more and more enemies among the brightest in Italy..
How old is Pirlo actually?

I doubt ne coach wud compromise on experience going in to a major tournament. Although harsh, its definitely the tried and tested formula most use.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I think Gattuso should be one of the first on the team sheet. Now that Davids is gone, he has no rival as the best ball winner in the league, and he's consistently solid.

IMO i actually like the idea of having Pirlo, Gattuso and Maresca in the same lineup. It might be risky, but given some time and practise in say friendlies, it could be an awesome combination

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

OK maybe you didn't notice but INCUBOROSSONERO means Black and Red Nightmare i.e. MILAN FAN! You are going to tell me about Pirlo? what experience does Pirlo have on the NT as he has barely been called up since September and did not feature in any of the tournaments....given his age. Gattuso is barely on the team and ever since the WC has been called up close to never. What are talking about? You are talking as if they have been on the team time and time again. What I said was that putting Maresca, Pirlo and Gattuso as a trio was risky because a) Maresca never played with either of them..a major tournament is not the time to experiment. b) Pirlo has BARELY played on the National c) Maresca does not START for Juve .. why should he start for Italy?
Pirlo and Maresca are fairly close in age...please don't tell me Maresca is the best around...however I pretty certain you did not have Pirlo in mind because Pirlo plays like he is 29 (experience wise). Most are surprised by his age. (ONE year older than Maresca). DID YOU KNOW THAT?
1. i wasnt telling you about pirlo as if you had never seen him before, so keep it in jocks killer!!

2. i'm aware that none have been an integral part of the traps plans but which good midfielder has since the euro? he has stuck with two average midfielders in zanetti and perrotta, does that mean that its not possible of playing any other due to them not playing constantly previously?

3. what has Pirlo's age got to do with it? he is in his early 20's and has basically got experience of a 28 year old. if has played in every major tournament at lower international level. Are you saying that he cannot cut it at this level?

4. Maresca is still considered young in terms of playing in Serie A. Pirlo isnt compared to him simply because he has been playing for 5 or so years now.

so take a chill pill, as i wasnt attacking you at all...and for fuk sake, dont get so defensive!!

Nov 1, 2002
IncuboRossonero we want maresca to play because many ppl tired of the way italy DM only defence we want to see attacking team
and Pirlo playing in milan first team because Ancelotti the coach
he always have faith in the good youngesters
and now Maresca starting to play with Juve and playing as DM but you see him in all the field supporting all the team with some nice moves and good passing and some intelligent things that some older players who play in NT cant do
in the last 2 matches he tried to cross and shoot like 5 times in every game while he is playing as DM

you dont think this is promissing signs???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)