Stephan Lichtsteiner (82 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Forza Ste!

Could never blame him for not giving 100%. Swiss Express very fitting...loved how used to run so hard that sometimes he'd gasp for air towards the end of games. And at 34, he's still better than MDS.

Sums it up:

DcdtT8VWAAUxa0_.jpg

I don't hold it against Asamoah for signing his last big contract, but also kudos to Licht for refusing to play for any other Serie A side. :tup:

And that connection with Pirlo...this was great :D:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
He was SO good in that game. Possessed.

Going to miss Stephan. He's been a key, key player for this team as well as one of my absolute favourites. Best of luck to him wherever he goes.

- - - Updated - - -

I still cant believe it. Everytime someone from the old guard leave us, its like a part of me is torn apart. And it is only gonna be worse. Chiellini, Marchisio, Buffon, Barzagli. It will hurt like hell whenever any of these players leave. I watch Juve since 2002 but i was 13 years old back then. When Conte came i was 22 and already an adult so these players basically marked my adult life so far.

God , it is so sad. I have so much respect for this player. Wish him all the best. I really hope the fans will make some sort of choreography or just a song to pay respect to him
Totally feel the same way. Del Neri was my first season. I feel such a connection to guys like Barzagli and Lichtsteiner, they came to Juve at the same time as me and it feels like we've been through so much together. Harder for me to connect with guys like Dybala and Costa. It's just not gonna be the same without the older guys :sad:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Totally feel the same way. Del Neri was my first season. I feel such a connection to guys like Barzagli and Lichtsteiner, they came to Juve at the same time as me and it feels like we've been through so much together. Harder for me to connect with guys like Dybala and Costa. It's just not gonna be the same without the older guys :sad:
:agree: Same. What a change it was, from that second 7th place finish to just collecting scudetti.

It's ok though, a connection will build with them if they stay around. Who thought we would all love Padoin for example? :p

enzo

May 14, 2012
I still cant believe it. Everytime someone from the old guard leave us, its like a part of me is torn apart. And it is only gonna be worse. Chiellini, Marchisio, Buffon, Barzagli. It will hurt like hell whenever any of these players leave. I watch Juve since 2002 but i was 13 years old back then. When Conte came i was 22 and already an adult so these players basically marked my adult life so far.
True. Recently I realized how old I actually am, when thinking about Gigi's retirement. Because as long as he plays, I get the same feeling watching a game as back in 2001/2002. Unbelievable so many years have passed since then :p
Anyway, it always hurts when one of your favourite players or one of the all time greats, leaves or retires, but in the end you support the club. There will always be players you can connect to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)