Stephan Lichtsteiner (91 Viewers)

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Asa is very good for a backup lb, don't understand the hate at all, defensively as solid as most, not that much worse this season than Sandro, disgraceful that Licht was left off the CL squad at all, didn't deserve that at all, great to see him back, we all know he is going to give 110%.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Asa isn't even half as bad as people make him out to be.
Yea he still defends well enough especially for a psuedo LB, draws few fouls, takes few risks. He's a defensively safe but offers entirely nothing else bet but goddamn at times I get sick of watching him pass to Chiellini.

I guess, looking at our our post calciopoli record with fullbacks, we could do far worse for a backup :p

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Asa is very good for a backup lb, don't understand the hate at all, defensively as solid as most, not that much worse this season than Sandro, disgraceful that Licht was left off the CL squad at all, didn't deserve that at all, great to see him back, we all know he is going to give 110%.
:tup:

Nejc

May 13, 2006
Hopefully he doesn't sign for a team that plays CL next season so we can bring him back in January to register him for CL again.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Not doubting his effort or attitude and I love the guy for the past and all but this is crap. He is utter shit not solid. Do you not remember how completely terrible he was for the first few months of this season? How mediocre he wast last season? and how even Euromaxx the great has not included him in the last two CL lists, lists that have included mediocre at best players ahead of him? He is past it, Capt backpassamoah is more reliable these days.

Silent hero of Juventus :howler: :howler:
Don't you think you're going a bit overboard with the criticism of a club legend? We're not talking about Sturaro or Benatia here, show some respect. Licht had some solid games at the start of the season where everyone was lamenting the decision to leave him out of CL squad and then had a run of games were he committed one brutal error per game which resulted in him hitting the bench more often, but he was definitely not utter shit.

You claim to love the guy? If you insist on calling someone utter shit, I'd suggest starting with yourself.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Lichtsteiner: My CL pain, the future... | Football Italia

Stephan Lichtsteiner admits being excluded from Juventus’ Champions League squad was “not nice” and that he “doesn’t know” what the future holds.

Lichtsteiner has spent the past six years at Juve, but his contract expires at the end of the season, while the right-back was only reinstated into Juve’s Champions League convocation for the knockout stages.

“We’re a team packed with quality and we have a big squad,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“We have so many good players on the bench. When someone gets hurt, there are others who can go out on the pitch.

“Juve-Napoli? I don’t know if it’ll be decisive for the Scudetto. It only will be if both teams keep winning all their matches.

“Controversy about the calendar? I don’t think playing before or after makes a difference. It can be an advantage or a disadvantage, but all that counts is what happens on the pitch.

“We must keep putting pressure on our rivals. Excluded from Juve’s squad for the CL group stage? It’s not nice to sit out and watch your teammates play.

“I really missed the atmosphere of European competitions, but now I’m back and I want us to go as far possible.

“My contract? I’m always in touch with the club. I’ve been here for six years, but for now I only want to focus on the rest of the season.

“I’m going game by game. I’ll only be thinking about the pitch until June, but I don’t know what’ll happen after that.”

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Don't you think you're going a bit overboard with the criticism of a club legend? We're not talking about Sturaro or Benatia here, show some respect. Licht had some solid games at the start of the season where everyone was lamenting the decision to leave him out of CL squad and then had a run of games were he committed one brutal error per game which resulted in him hitting the bench more often, but he was definitely not utter shit.

You claim to love the guy? If you insist on calling someone utter shit, I'd suggest starting with yourself.
Saying he was crap on the pitch is not a matter of opinion it's a fact very obvious to anyone who has watched him this season. Him being a "club legend" because of his past performance doesn't make him somehow magically better at the moment.

Look at Andrea Pirlo, one of the greatest ever footballers. doesn't make him not utter shit since playing in the MLS. Get how it works yet?

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Saying he was crap on the pitch is not a matter of opinion it's a fact very obvious to anyone who has watched him this season. Him being a "club legend" because of his past performance doesn't make him somehow magically better at the moment.

Look at Andrea Pirlo, one of the greatest ever footballers. doesn't make him not utter $#@! since playing in the MLS. Get how it works yet?
How does it work?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Lichtsteiner: My CL pain, the future... | Football Italia

Stephan Lichtsteiner admits being excluded from Juventus’ Champions League squad was “not nice” and that he “doesn’t know” what the future holds.

Lichtsteiner has spent the past six years at Juve, but his contract expires at the end of the season, while the right-back was only reinstated into Juve’s Champions League convocation for the knockout stages.

“We’re a team packed with quality and we have a big squad,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“We have so many good players on the bench. When someone gets hurt, there are others who can go out on the pitch.

“Juve-Napoli? I don’t know if it’ll be decisive for the Scudetto. It only will be if both teams keep winning all their matches.

“Controversy about the calendar? I don’t think playing before or after makes a difference. It can be an advantage or a disadvantage, but all that counts is what happens on the pitch.

“We must keep putting pressure on our rivals. Excluded from Juve’s squad for the CL group stage? It’s not nice to sit out and watch your teammates play.

“I really missed the atmosphere of European competitions, but now I’m back and I want us to go as far possible.

“My contract? I’m always in touch with the club. I’ve been here for six years, but for now I only want to focus on the rest of the season.

“I’m going game by game. I’ll only be thinking about the pitch until June, but I don’t know what’ll happen after that.”
Fuck Sarri

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

Look at Andrea Pirlo, one of the greatest ever footballers. doesn't make him not utter shit since playing in the MLS. Get how it works yet?
You're a terrible "fan", that's what I get from your post.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Sturaro may be a mediocre footballer but he puts in 120% effort and I don't hold it against him or blame him for accepting a transfer here. Of course he is going to seize the opportunity. You should question those who signed him and play him.

I think it would need to be an extreme situation to really be right to boo your own player. Only justified if that player has publicly insulted the fans, the club, shown serious dissent or is earning 350k per week to jog around lazily while your team loses ala Ozil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)