Standup Comedy (1 Viewer)

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Russel Peters is great. And there's a an old famous Robbin Williams standup, that was cool too.

OP
Ahmed

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
  • Thread Starter #4
    already mentioned Peters in OP...have seen that Robin Williams one.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Look up Mitch Hedburg's specials. He doesn't have that much material out there but he's got a pretty original style and his stuff is good.

I would also recommend Dave Chapelle, Chris Rock or Daniel Tosh.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
    Aug 5, 2006
    There's an old one called the Kings Of Comedy, where murphy along with many other black comedians shine at, give it a shot.

OP
    Ahmed

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
  • Thread Starter #10
    seen Chappelle and Chris Rock...Daniel Tosh is a new name, lemme see.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I honestly think Tosh is poor as a stand-up comedian. He shines more with Internet material on his show, and that ain't saying a ton.

There aren't many stand-up acts these days I really like. Surprisingly of the newbies, I think Whitney Cummings isn't half bad. Greg Giraldo was pretty cool, RIP. But the funniest act I've ever seen live and in person in the past few years was surprisingly Patton Oswalt.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    I've only seen two Tosh do standup twice and I thought he was far better than most of the crap that's on comedy central.

But Patton Oswalt? Really? :confused:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I've only seen two Tosh do standup twice and I thought he was far better than most of the crap that's on comedy central.

But Patton Oswalt? Really? :confused:
    He burned down the house when I saw him at Cobb's in SF. Seriously. My friends who were with me had stomach aches and tears streaming out of their eyes.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    Oswalt never made me laugh, neither did the audience laugh from what I remember. I <3 Tosh, never fails to crcak me up.

I was watching this guy once on CC whose name I don't know. His ending line was about confusing VapoRub with Vaseline. Hilarious guy, had a stubble and kinda shaggy hair. Anyone know his name?

Oh and Ahmed, watch Steve Byrne's "The Byrne Identity". It's the best!

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I watched Tosh's last hour-long Comedy Central special last week (filmed here in SF, mind you). I literally fell asleep halfway through it without laughing. At best he gets me to go, "Ouch" for some low blow and that's about it.

His TV show is better, and even that I need the advance button on my PVR. (His "Web Redeption" segment is complete filler, for example.)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    I watched Tosh's last hour-long Comedy Central special last week. I literally fell asleep halfway through it without laughing. At best he gets me to go, "Ouch" for some low blow and that's about it.

His TV show is better, and even that I need the advance button on my PVR. (His "Web Redeption" segment is complete filler, for example.)
    I haven't seen that one, just what he has on Netflix.

The Web Redemption's are only funny when it's one of the more famous people like Ms. Teen south Carolina, David after Dentist, Antoine Dodson, etc otherwise I don't watch it.

Have to say I'm still waiting for Leroy Jenkins to get one though.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
    Well, considering I don't find most of the above stuff funny, I am not sure if my contribution will be satisfactory in the slightest, but here goes.

But I would recommend Bill Bailey (Part Troll is the best), Dara O'Briain (This Is The Show), Dylan Moran (Monster). And there is always Ricky Gervais, Fame was my favourite of his.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)