SPLIT: Pronounciation Guide (or how I learned to say Nedved) (1 Viewer)

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Can someone explain to me why Rosicky's name is pronounced the way it is? The commentators always say Ro-sin-sky or something like that. Do yuall know what I mean?
LOL!!! So I was not alone when I for 3 weeks ago asked my cousin
to ask his ½ Czech friend how Rosicky's name is really pronounced!!! ;)

I have heard like 3 versions, funny that non of them were correct!
Well as some already has said it's Ro-sits-kee

think he said it means something like: A place full of dew
But that's if you translate the word in the name, it could have another meaning!

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
and how do u say jankulovski?

i heard some commentators pronounce it as yank-ku-lov-ski. i guess the same as juventus huh? "j" that sounds "y"....? :confused:

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Update from czech friend who leaves tomorrow:

Cech= che-ech.

ujalsi (or however) oo-fa-loo-shi.

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
nedved is ned vi ed (on his czech national shirt there's an accent on the second E) but when yo usay it quickly it kind of sounds like nedviet

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
ya i noticed that in winnign 11 7. for several of the czech players, their names are correct at club level, yet it seems they didnt have rights for the national teams for the samep layers? they spelled all the national team players wrong but then theyre correct for the club? all this marketing and sponsoring rights crap will riddle my brain forever, and i dotn think im ever going to get it

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yeah, it's not just the Czechs either. The Dutch team's names have been mangled beyond recognition e.g. Van der Sar is Farzel Har and Cocu is Popu :lazy:

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
the dutch used to be worse in the before edition- they were just called 'orange' with a number following it!!

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
ya i never got that. in winning 11 6, what the hell was with "oranges005" ? that was the only one i knew (davids)

if they had no rights why nto give them a fake name liek the other players?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)