[SPA] La Liga 2014/2015 (192 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Barca for me certainly is the favourite to take home the trophy this year. Not by a huge margin, but still.
IMO Luis Enrique is extremely underrated and is not getting the credit he deserves for the job he's done this season. He's made a few tweaks to the way Barca play since the winter break and it's paid off. If you notice, these days Barca take more risks and try to take advantage of counter attacks as opposed to focusing solely on possession football to attack. That change has benefited the attacking trio, as they find a lot more spaces to operate in, when the ball is played to them more quickly. Back in Pep's days(and apparently they continued this even after him) he had what he calls the "15 pass rule", which was that for any attack including when they get the ball off the opposing team, they have to play 15 passes to build up any attack so that the team has time to get into their positions and get compact enough to be able to snuff out any counter attack at it's source. Enrique kind of moved away from that philosophy, so while they still play possession football, they actually counter attack whenever they get the ball off the opposition in the middle of the field.

Jul 1, 2010
IMO Coach Messi is extremely underrated and is not getting the credit he deserves for the job he's done this season. He's made a few tweaks to the way Barca play since the winter break and it's paid off. If you notice, these days Barca take more risks and try to take advantage of counter attacks as opposed to focusing solely on possession football to attack. That change has benefited the attacking trio, as they find a lot more spaces to operate in, when the ball is played to them more quickly. Back in Pep's days(and apparently they continued this even after him) he had what he calls the "15 pass rule", which was that for any attack including when they get the ball off the opposing team, they have to play 15 passes to build up any attack so that the team has time to get into their positions and get compact enough to be able to snuff out any counter attack at it's source. Messi kind of moved away from that philosophy, so while they still play possession football, they actually counter attack whenever they get the ball off the opposition in the middle of the field.
:agree:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah they play a lot more direct and focus their possession game in certain key areas. Compared to before of majority of the time being Busquets spreading in few meters here and there for long time until they start attacking. The game vs Madrid was most telling, they basically dropped deep and waited to counter and attack directly for most of the game.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yeah they play a lot more direct and focus their possession game in certain key areas. Compared to before of majority of the time being Busquets spreading in few meters here and there for long time until they start attacking. The game vs Madrid was most telling, they basically dropped deep and waited to counter and attack directly for most of the game.
They did the same in those three games against Atletico after the winter break, took Simeone completely by surprise.

Jul 1, 2010
Who do you think is better Messi or Ronaldo?

If one is better than the other, do you believe there is a significant difference??
Messi's better but the difference isn't very big. I think Messi's better due to his vision, Ronaldo doesn't have Messi's ability to play game-changing through balls. To me Ronaldo is a fantastic player but he's too limited in that respect to be considered on the same level as Messi.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Messi's better but the difference isn't very big. I think Messi's better due to his vision, Ronaldo doesn't have Messi's ability to play game-changing through balls. To me Ronaldo is a fantastic player but he's too limited in that respect to be considered on the same level as Messi.
Good.

So how do you feel about Ancelotti winning La Decima last season. Was it "coach ronaldo" who won it for him?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Nope, Ronaldo isn't quite as dictatorial as Messi :D
Come on man :p

I normally associate you with objectivity and reason. Surely you can see something wrong with saying there is no big difference between Ronaldo and Messi (Which I agree with btw, there is not much between them IMO) and then going on to say that Messi is carrying Barcelona therefore, whatever coach is there will have minimal effect. Then not taking that very same approach with whoever coaches Real Madrid, by extension you have to say that Ronaldo carries Real Madrid and that Ancelotti and Mourinho before him had minimal effect on Real's results.

Jul 1, 2010
Come on man :p

I normally associate you with objectivity and reason. Surely you can see something wrong with saying there is no big difference between Ronaldo and Messi (Which I agree with btw, there is not much between them IMO) and then going on to say that Messi is carrying Barcelona therefore, whatever coach is there will have minimal effect. Then not taking that very same approach with whoever coaches Real Madrid, by extension you have to say that Ronaldo carries Real Madrid and that Ancelotti and Mourinho before him had minimal effect on Real's results.
I was joking, I agree with you :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 192)