[SPA] La Liga 2009/2010 (3 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Ibra makes Barça promise

Zlatan Ibrahimovic believes that with his help Barcelona will “play the kind of football the other teams will only be playing in 10 years' time.”

Earlier this week, Inter exchanged Ibrahimovic for Samuel Eto'o and £40m, a figure that could rise by another £4m now Aliaksandr Hleb has rejected the chance to join the Nerazzurri on loan.

Ibrahimovic sparked controversy during his official unveiling on Monday when he picked up a Barcelona shirt and kissed the badge.

The gesture came as a particular shock to Inter fans, as Ibrahimovic had said in the past he had supported the Nerazzurri since he was a boy.

Reports claim Ibrahimovic left Inter because he no longer felt they were capable of winning the Champions League, a title Barcelona won in some style earlier this summer.

“I think I will fit in really well because it's the way I want to play, the way I want to train, the way I want to learn,” Ibrahimovic said in his first interview with Barça TV.

“This style of football is what I tasted at Ajax. It really suited me and I learned a lot. For me, Barça play the kind of football the other teams will only be playing in 10 years' time.

“I believe that the people who go to the stadium really enjoy this football and 50 per cent of football is the fans.

“Barça have an historic tradition. Some great stars have played for Barça: Ronaldo, Romario, Stoichkov, Hagi, Maradona, Ronaldinho… they are all great names.

“Everyone wants to come to Barça, but not just anyone can do that,” Ibrahimovic said blowing his own trumpet.

Meanwhile, England manager Fabio Capello backed Ibrahimovic to become an even greater player than Marco Van Basten.

Capello should know as he had the privilege of coaching both players, the former at Juventus, the latter at Milan.

“When Zlatan arrived in Italy he was a rough diamond, but now he is very complete, the best striker in the world and he's impossible to mark inside the area,” Ibrahimovic told La Repubblica.

“I knowing comparing Van Basten with Ibrahimovic is like comparing Picasso with Rothko, but I believe that because of his power and his technique Zlatan will become stronger than Marco.

“Zlatan needed to learn and mature, but he's an intelligent lad. He also has an incredible gift for maintaining his position, freeing himself from defenders and at the same time seeing a pass, a space or a chance to shoot.

“Marco was born with the ball at his feet, in his case it's something innate. Meanwhile, Zlatan was too in love with the ball, it seemed like he enjoyed more playing tricks with the ball than trying to shoot.

“That changed when I showed him Van Basten's videos. Since then he plays much closer to the penalty box. What Van Basten and Ibra have in common is their natural elegance.

“We're talking about giants who are like poetry in motion,” Capello concluded.

channel 4

Geof

May 14, 2004
Ibra makes Barça promise

channel 4

I think there's a mistake here, unless Zlatan's ego has blown out of proportions.

“When Zlatan arrived in Italy he was a rough diamond, but now he is very complete, the best striker in the world and he's impossible to mark inside the area,” Ibrahimovic told La Repubblica.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)