[SPA] La I beat you 8-0 Liga 2012/2013 (7 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ramos is better as RB than as a CB.
Yup.

Their game was never based on off the ball movement behind opposition defense. But their movement in midfield, and their pass-move football was much better last season than it was this season, they almost always created chances, even against teams they lost against. They created chances against Chelsea, and forced them to make last ditch tackles, they created chances against Real in the game they lost, and forced Casillas into several saves. This season, all they do is pass it around in midfield, and at an extremely slow pace, they can't create chances against Real anymore, and they created nothing against Milan. I think theirs a huge difference.
Their game may not have been primarily based on off-the-ball movement behind a defence, but they always had it.

Guys like Pedro and Villa were always there on the last line making defences think about the space behind them, even if they didn't actually make the run into that area.

Now no-one is even threatening to attack the space behind the defence, so teams can completely focus on closing the space between defence and midfield.

Also, the games they lost last season were against a Real team that was near perfect in the Liga, and against Chelsea who went on to win the CL. This season they are losing time and time again to a Real team that is much weaker than last season, and to a Milan team that will most likely be eliminated in the QF if they play against any semi decent team. They would have never lost such games, definitely not in the matter they did this season, had Pep been coach imo.
Are Real weaker than last season?

I've only seen them in big games, and they've consistently been good.

Dropping points all over the shop against lesser teams in La Liga would suggest that they merely have an issue with motivation this season.

The points totals may say that Real are weaker, but I'm not conviced the Real that Barca are having to face is weaker than last season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)