South America Trip (1 Viewer)

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Its a date :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

For most people Bogota is the least enjoyable city. I would suggest obviously Medellin but Cartagena is also a must. You absolutely need to go to the San Andres islands which are just spectacular. Other notable places are Santa Marta which is beside Cartagena, there's a cool little party town called Taganga which is great fun. Finally, for an authentic Colombian city, Cali. The home of Salsa and so incredibly cheap. I would suggest staying around San Antonio if going to Cali, there is an amazing park overlooking the entire city in that barrio where people just smoke weed and listen to live music into the wee hours of the morning.

You will need to watch yourself in Bogota and Cali. Cali is statistically more dangerous but most Colombians view Bogota as incredibly dangerous.
Lol, thank you. I did enjoy my time in Colombia in December/January :p

I planned to visit most of those places you mentioned, but i changed plans when I was in Medellin.

So that was my trip, if you care:
I arrived and stayed in Bogota first and then I went to Medellin. After some days there I was fed up with touristic places and travelled to the pacific coast and stayed long time there in El Choco without reception or internet, just eating fish the fisherman and I catched during the day. I travelled from Bahia Solano with some (fisher)boats southwards - El valle - Nuqui - Arusi to Buenaventura (was the most dubious/dangerous city in my opinion). From Buenaventura I took the bus to Cali and I stayed long time there. Cali is fucking love, lot of places a bit tricky in the night, but for example on a wednesday night I went with two unknown guys to some fabric hall outside Cali and people there were dancing and drinking Rum all night long. :weee: After Cali I went to the Zona Cafetera - Pereira (also party with locals all night long), Salento, Valle de cocora - and visited some friends in Manizales (I met them at the coast in Arusi).

In the end there wasn't time to see more places and so I left out travel destination number one Cartagena/Santa Marta and I'm totally ok with that, because my time in El Choco and Cali was just extraordinary :p

Sometime I'll come back anyway, met some gorgeous trannies there. :klin: @DAiDEViL @Fr3sh @Post Ironic

Buy on AliExpress.com

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
Lol, thank you. I did enjoy my time in Colombia in December/January :p

I planned to visit most of those places you mentioned, but i changed plans when I was in Medellin.

So that was my trip, if you care:
I arrived and stayed in Bogota first and then I went to Medellin. After some days there I was fed up with touristic places and travelled to the pacific coast and stayed long time there in El Choco without reception or internet, just eating fish the fisherman and I catched during the day. I travelled from Bahia Solano with some (fisher)boats southwards - El valle - Nuqui - Arusi to Buenaventura (was the most dubious/dangerous city in my opinion). From Buenaventura I took the bus to Cali and I stayed long time there. Cali is $#@!ing love, lot of places a bit tricky in the night, but for example on a wednesday night I went with two unknown guys to some fabric hall outside Cali and people there were dancing and drinking Rum all night long. :weee: After Cali I went to the Zona Cafetera - Pereira (also party with locals all night long), Salento, Valle de cocora - and visited some friends in Manizales (I met them at the coast in Arusi).

In the end there wasn't time to see more places and so I left out travel destination number one Cartagena/Santa Marta and I'm totally ok with that, because my time in El Choco and Cali was just extraordinary :p

Sometime I'll come back anyway, met some gorgeous trannies there. :klin: @DAiDEViL @Fr3sh @Post Ironic
Sounds awesome. I love Buenaventura, the locals know how to party.

I currently live in Cali. And agree its awesome. Although everyone I know who has lived here longer than a year has been robbed at gunpoint at least once. I know a poor unfortunate Colombian who was robbed 4 times at gunpoint last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)