SopCast under Linux (debian based distros) How-to (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Since Debian based distros are popular in these parts and since SopCast is a powerful means to watch Juve games (even though we are a bit late in the season), I have decided to share with you how to install the streaming program in a simple way on your favourite operating system.

You can start by downloading the rpm package from here

http://apt.magiclinux.org/magic/2.1/unstable/RPMS.os/qsopcast-0.2.4-4mgc.i686.rpm

If you don't have alien installed then do

Code:
sudo apt-get install alien
Then do

Code:
sudo alien qsopcast-0.2.4-4mgc.i686.rpm
alien changes the rpm package to a deb package and it saves by default in the home directory.

Install the debian package in anyway you think appropriate, I usually, right click - Package - Install package

Run the program by
Code:
qsopcast
The program is in Chinese but you will find your way, just plug in the address in the address bar (the only place you can type in something) or look in the channel list.

SopCast automatically opens the stream in the default video player.

I hope you enjoy it

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    Don Best, please provide the proper path for where the location of the rpm is :)

As for the link, don't worry about it for the first time, just choose any channel from the channel list.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    thanks

so how do you pick a channel from the list
    Just double-click on the channel, you can watch it buffer (actually the buffer percentage is the only thing you can understand :D ) and when the buffer is read it will open the stream in your default player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)