Sony signals end for floppy decks (1 Viewer)

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Sony has signalled what could be the final end of the venerable floppy disk.

The electronics giant has said it will stop selling the 30-year-old storage media in Japan from March 2011.

In March the firm stopped sales of the disks in most international markets due to dwindling demand and competition from other storage formats.

The slow death of the "floppy" or "diskette" began in 1998 when Apple decided to not include a floppy drive in its G3 iMac computer.

Since then various other firms have stopped support for floppy disks, including computer giant Dell in 2003.

Computing store PC World stopped selling them in 2007.

However, Sony has continued to sell the disks, and continues to ship them in the millions.

Now, the firm - which claims to have produced the first 3.5in (9cm) disks in 1981 - has decided to halt sales completely faced with competition from online storage and portable USB drives.

BBC

--

Will be missed :cry:

Buy on AliExpress.com

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
the floopy has done it's duty...mine especially because for 5 years my cd rom (and didn't invested any money in other rom's or combo's) so the floppy disk helped me print the projects i had in college

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yes I see that now, I posted before checking the page.

Why can't our penis jokes exist in harmony? You know, two penises... together.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
the floopy has done it's duty...mine especially because for 5 years my cd rom (and didn't invested any money in other rom's or combo's) so the floppy disk helped me print the projects i had in college
hahahaha that's a good one blondu :D school project yeah right.

bring back some high school memories...we used to swap nudie pics on them :touched:

of women, not each other...FAGS!
:touched: good times... thank you ahmed. that was post i was hoping our beloved fireman would post instead of "school projects" :D

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
bring back some high school memories...we used to swap nudie pics on them :touched:

of women, not each other...FAGS!
Lol on floppie disks? When I was in school I was a hardcore sext offender. Now when I switch networks I am obligated to notify local law enforcement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)