So you think Serie A has problems? (1 Viewer)

OP
mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Rami said:
    There is an Irish League:D??

Never heard of an Irish team tbh....
    Derry City just lost to PSG in the UEFA cup yesterday. :smile: Bohemians, Drogheda, Shelbourne and Cork City have all been in Europe recently, while St Patrick's Athletic and Shamrock Rovers have long histories too. If you don't recognise any of those names... well, I wouldn't be even a little surprised. :smile:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I've never seen Irish clubs play. But I have seen the plans for a New Lansdowne Road (spelling) and, my god, that is fantastic.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    The Irish national team has mostly been god for the past years, so I'm quite surprised that the club football is in such a mess.

OP
    mikhail

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    Most of our best footballers are in England. The national league has been in a poor state since Match of the Day started airing fifty years ago. :depressed

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    mybe i should start putting down the problems in the Bahrainian league and national teams :sad:....endless problems :disagree:

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    well mybe the Bahrainian members could add some thoughts but ok let me give it a go.
    first of all we have the stadiums problems.Bahrain have the money but there is so much corruption that almost no money is spent where its supposed to. Our youngester r playing on goddam grassless fields.Many clubs dont even have grass fields.So every game the youngesters play, u could see them after the game like they just took a dive into the desert sand.And the injuries they get, r just non stop cause of the low quality of the playing fields.

Second, then we have the corruption/favouristim by the federation for some teams in the league.Last year in the last day of the season there was this big problem between two big clubs(Al-Ahli and Muharaaq) where the latter were scheduled to play in a smaller stadium.Which harms their game.Then the federation declared that smaller stadium "unsafe" to play on and moved the game.There were protests and the last day of the season was delayed two days or so.But ofcourse "Muharaaq" got their way and moved stadiums, and the stadium didnt help them much BUT the referee helped with a penalty on the 90th minute , to help them win the title.
    These days the federation r scheduling big game to be played on the smaller stadiums although no renovations were carried on that "unsafe" stadium.

These days we see a problem of bringing in foreign players and being declared "Bahraini". Which is a huge blow for all the youngesters who just play for the love of the game and aspiring for one day to wear the national shirt.

And the problems with the national team is a different case overall, a team that was the most improved once in its short career.Now our Federation is sending our Olympic team to play Australia in Sydney. Cuz they want to "prepare" the first team better for the crucial game against Kuwait. Shame really for a team that game heavyweights of Asia such a hard time in the past.

So much problems and the people in charge just think about their own wealth and how to increase it. Such a shame because Bahrain has more talent than most of the Gulf countries.Just sad really.

Sep 28, 2002
    mikhail said:
    Derry City just lost to PSG in the UEFA cup yesterday. :smile: Bohemians, Drogheda, Shelbourne and Cork City have all been in Europe recently, while St Patrick's Athletic and Shamrock Rovers have long histories too. If you don't recognise any of those names... well, I wouldn't be even a little surprised. :smile:
    shelbourne knocked some lithuanian team out of intertoto cupn this year. had a pint or two with some of their fans back in the day :pint:

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    sateeh said:
    mybe i should start putting down the problems in the Bahrainian league and national teams :sad:....endless problems :disagree:
    You have problems? I don't see any Bahraini players running to Naija to play in our league...

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Chxta said:
    You have problems? I don't see any Bahraini players running to Naija to play in our league...
    well, at least ur players u could see them all over Europe and r treated as Proffesionals.
    And where is Naija ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)