Show us your desktops! (2 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Hey guys, I just thought it'd be cool if everyone could share their desktops with us.

Here's a quick guide:

1. Setup your desktop the way you'd like people to see it

2. Press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard. It might be labelled "Prt Scr". It's located above the 'Insert' key on most keyboards. Pressing this will copy your desktop to the clipboard

3. Open your favourite image processing software (Photoshop, MSPaint etc.) and open a new image. Press Ctrl+V or click Edit-->Paste. This should paste your desktop onto the new image.

4. Save your file (NOT as BMP but as JPEG or similar small image file). You'll have to compress the image so that the site will let you upload to it (below 100kb)

Here's mine:

The player names are icons, so I can freely rename the players and move them around in whichever formation I'd like :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
:cool: Desktop :thumb:
Was there another thread by this name initiated by Martin sometime ago???
Anyway here goes .....

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    hehe thanks :D

Could everyone please post their desktops, icons and menus and all? Wallpapers are nice, but desktops show more about a person :thumb:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    hehe thanks :D

Could everyone please post their desktops, icons and menus and all? Wallpapers are nice, but desktops show more about a person :thumb:
    that is my desktop, i removed everything to get a better look at yolanda.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
    No icons for me .. hate the damn things :) I prefer the Windows Explorer :)
    Hehe I don't like icons either. I've only got 3 (real) icons, the rest are in my quicklaunch menu. Damn I love that thing.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Hehe I don't like icons either. I've only got 3 (real) icons, the rest are in my quicklaunch menu. Damn I love that thing.
    Quick Launch is a Godsend although it hogs a bit of the resources. Notice that my memory meter reads 01 free he he he

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    Just curious what kind of anitvirus programs are you guys running?
    I don't use Antivirus programs, as I'm quite familiar with the tasklist. A periodic checking of that is enough for me to notice if suspicious tasks are running

Quick Launch is a Godsend although it hogs a bit of the resources. Notice that my memory meter reads 01 free he he he
    My computer's fairly new, so I've got sufficient resources for the quicklaunch bar.

More yummy desktops people!

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    I don't use Antivirus programs, as I'm quite familiar with the tasklist. A periodic checking of that is enough for me to notice if suspicious tasks are running
    It would be wise to get one though & let it run in the background just incase something (Trojan Horse, viruses etc) tries to sneak in especially if you've got a broadband connection or an always on internet connection.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Funky desktops Majed :thumb:
    thnx Ali :)

:eek:
    i completely forgot. Remember a loooong time ago you asked me for a pic of my old Palm III PDA :D Anyway, This pic is for you Ali: ;)
    (better late then never!)

The one on the left is mine with the cover on it and the one on the right is a pic i found online. (both of them are in their cradles)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    i'll take the liberty to post Martin's Desktop....i liked it so much that i Saved the Pic :D

Here's proof that we have a classy president: :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)