Show us your desktops! (4 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
Anyway, enough biatching ..
Good call :howler:

I've been wanting to install Linux for ages :stress: (ask Martin.. he's probibly annoyed with me by now for telling him this :D ) You just gave me the extra encouragement to go through with it. :thumb: That Tutorial Martin posted is brilliant. Anyhow, i'd probibly start my preperation next month as Finals are comming up!

The last time i formatted, i already planned on installing Linux. I've already left about 5G of unpartitioned HDD space. That should be enough just to get the hang of Linux and use it for basic operations, or at least i hope so (right Martin? :scared: )
Yep, 5G is fine. :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
yeah... research it before you make the simpleset desicions while formatting..
i dont know how much space to leave, but i'm pretty sure that it has to be "unpartitioned"

Maybe Martin can confirm this...
Doesn't matter, you can partition with PMagic or you can leave it alone. In any case you can obviously partition in the linux install process (you can even resize ntfs partitions ;)). Btw, linux tends to give you a wide selection of filesystems (depends on the distro), among those the very acclaimed reiserfs which is in testing for v4, expected to be a big big breakthrough in modern filesystems. If unsure, choose ext3, solid and well supported. :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Doesn't matter, you can partition with PMagic or you can leave it alone. In any case you can obviously partition in the linux install process (you can even resize ntfs partitions ;)). Btw, linux tends to give you a wide selection of filesystems (depends on the distro), among those the very acclaimed reiserfs which is in testing for v4, expected to be a big big breakthrough in modern filesystems. If unsure, choose ext3, solid and well supported. :)
thanks Martin... :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jessica ] ++

thanx :)

really? I like those colors because they are not too shiny
i had that color on WinAmp because it matched the Juve logo (which i had as a background a while ago)

Jessica

Aug 10, 2003
yeah...
I dont have the juvelogo on anymore... it was a bit plain, but this is how it looked like:
I like the way it looks

I like your wallpaper
I like this one too :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)