[Serie A] Udinese 0-4 JUVENTUS (September 19th 2010) (37 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
How when he's yet to start been dropped?
Del Neri: 'Aquilani must wait' Saturday 18 September, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gigi Del Neri drops Alberto Aquilani for the trip to Udinese and assures “what Juventus have done so far isn’t worth throwing away.”

The Bianconeri have picked up just one point from their last three games in all competition, including consecutive 3-3 draws against Sampdoria and Lech Poznan.

“What Juventus have done so far isn’t worth just throwing away. Things are happening to us, but they are fixable,” said the Coach.

“In football there is no such thing as a game without errors. When we are a little luckier and concede fewer goals, then it’ll all pan out. I don’t have a crystal ball to tell you how long that will take.

“At this moment the table counts for nothing, just as the fact Udinese don’t have a point yet is irrelevant. We have done positive things, like fighting back to get a result.”

Paolo De Ceglie joined the injury list for two weeks with a thigh problem, though Amauri is back.

“Udinese played very well against Inter, so it’ll be a tough game, but which fixture isn’t tough in Serie A? Amauri is available along with all the other forwards.

“Aquilani? We will play with Felipe Melo and Claudio Marchisio tomorrow, as at this moment they are the most suitable midfield pairing.

“I doubt we’ll see Giorgio Chiellini at left-back, as he is so reliable in the centre and it’s not the right time to jumble everything up again. Leonardo Rinaudo played at right-back a few times for Palermo, but he’s no Douglas Maicon, so he won’t put in 10 crosses per game.

“I have faith in Marco Motta, who always has a tough opponent to deal with, as last time he had Antonio Cassano and tomorrow it’s Antonio Di Natale or Alexis Sanchez.”

Di Natale had been on the verge of a transfer to Juventus in the summer, but turned it down to see out his career in Udine.

“There is an excellent rapport with Antonio,” added Del Neri. “He made his lifestyle choice, as he is well loved in Udine and has put down roots there. We must respect it, but he did not ‘reject’ Juventus so much as reaffirm his commitment to Udinese.”

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The first sentence states that he "dropped aquilani for the trip to Udinese". How else might one intrepret that?

May 22, 2007
He won't start.

2 Motta
3 Chiellini
4 Felipe Melo
5 Sissoko
8 Marchisio
9 Iaquinta
10 Del Piero
11 Amauri
13 Manninger
14 Aquilani
18 Quagliarella
19 Bonucci
20 Lanzafame
21 Grygera
23 Pepe
26 Rinaudo
27 Krasic
30 Storari
31 Costantino
33 Legrottaglie
34 Ferrero

Ferrero for LB!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He won't start.

2 Motta
3 Chiellini
4 Felipe Melo
5 Sissoko
8 Marchisio
9 Iaquinta
10 Del Piero
11 Amauri
13 Manninger
14 Aquilani
18 Quagliarella
19 Bonucci
20 Lanzafame
21 Grygera
23 Pepe
26 Rinaudo
27 Krasic
30 Storari
31 Costantino
33 Legrottaglie
34 Ferrero

Ferrero for LB!
Manniger
Motta-Bonucci-Chiellini-Ferrero
Krasic-Aquilani-Marchisio-Pepe
Quagliarella-Iaquinta
:stuckup:
:anon:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't know but hopefully soon. Don't lose hope, H.
I'm tired of conceeding goals first then HATING for half time down a goal or two knowing it is going to take something huge to come back and win in 45 mins.

For a change, I wish we would start by hitting the ground running full speed.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Amauri will probably be our main weapon up front now when we have Krasic and some actual crosses. Seeing him come back I'd bench him and give him 20 minutes or so. It would be terrible to see one more injury from him.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
“I have faith in Marco Motta, who always has a tough opponent to deal with, as last time he had Antonio Cassano and tomorrow it’s Antonio Di Natale or Alexis Sanchez.”
An idea: respond to being constantly beaten by world-class opponents on the opposition's left-flank with a tried, tested and true right back. Four years later...still no tried, tested and true right back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)