Serie A: Siena vs Juventus [May 4 , 2008] (3 Viewers)

Jul 5, 2005
I didn't saw the match but now i see the score i think it wasn't worth. At least we don't seem to lose the 3th position after the todays results. Only the teams above and below us seem to be in tension now. There will be real fight for the 1st and the 4th position.

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
Player ratings :

Buffon 6.5 - He madea nice save near the end of the game, couldn't do much about the goal.

Molinaro - Molinaro

Legro 7 - Very solid.

Chiellini 6.5 - He was good at the back.

Zebina 4.5 - Not back to form yet.

Momo 5.5 - Not his usual self, he was getting toyed with at times but still managed a few masterclass tackles.

Zanetti 5.5- He couldn't create much today.

Nedved 5.5 - He was full of energy as always but couldn't do much.

Camo 7 - Our best player by far, he could have scored a wonder goal.

Del piero 5.5 - He tried but like Trez, received very little service.

Trez 5.5 - No service, no Trez.

Subs -

Marchionni 4 - He should go already, he has nothing to offer this team.

Sali 4.5 - Well, at least he ran.

Palla N/A

De Ceglie 7.5- Get that kid back here already.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Camo: 5.5 was the general in the game. He was always trying to move the team and dictate the tempo. Awful passes and crosses though.

the rest of the team: 0. They stayed in Turin.

It was pretty obvious that we were going to not fight for a win against Siena. My only issue is that why we didn't put some primavera players on if we didn't care about the scoreline?
A better suggestion over what I wrote earlier:

This is a virtually meaningless game for Juve. Siena is out of the relegation zone, but not so comfortably. Could be a freak chance of a draw if Juve plays on its heels.

If I were Ranieri, I would pull out the hungry players who want to prove themselves as starters in the future: Tiago, Iaquinta, etc.

But ordinarily, this is a fixture where we usually leave the Franchi with the Siena squad with their pants around their ankles...

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
why should it matter?? It matters Juventus a lot, firstly because no Milan in CL means weaker Milan, and any one who claims that they don't care if they get stronger or not, is gay. Secondly, it helps us in the transfer market as well, Italian players or abroad, would chose Juve, if he had two offers by a Juve playing in CL and Milan playing in UEFA, loads of players want immediate CL football when they transfer, and lastly Financial prize from the CL pool, the weaker our Italian opponent in CL the more chance to get more, I am not talking about 10$ or 20$, millions of dollars, this is how the Football industry work, no matter how they don't talk about these details much.

oh, and fuck the Italian football or the teams deserve most to play in CL, I prefer Juve playing as the only team in Semi final for next season, that means more cash, fuck the UEFA points, or the risk of the number of seeds in Serie A for CL.

:juve1:
You actually think Milan will get weaker? You're joking right? If they don't make the C.L, that would give them all the more reason to spend shitloads of money in the transger market. Also, it could potentially be bad for Juve if Milan don't make it. Think about it, no big C.L commitments would mean they could focus a lot more on the league and possibly take advantage of the fact that Juve and the rest of the teams have to play C.L football.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
You actually think Milan will get weaker? You're joking right? If they don't make the C.L, that would give them all the more reason to spend shitloads of money in the transger market. Also, it could potentially be bad for Juve if Milan don't make it. Think about it, no big C.L commitments would mean they could focus a lot more on the league and possibly take advantage of the fact that Juve and the rest of the teams have to play C.L football.
yeah that's why we overcame Inter and Roma in the league, because they were focusing in CL.. Milan is not a team that can't compete both in CL or Seire A, this is not the reason they failed in Serie A, their idiocy and their transfer campaign was the reason for that.

And ofcourse Milan will get stronger next season, we already know their transfer targets for next season, but they have to spend more money to convince the likes of Ronaldinho to play for Milan without a CL for the first year, if you know what I mean.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #250
    I think it is better that Milan make the CL by points otherwise we might get penalized by another "scandal"

rounder

Blindman
    Jun 13, 2007
    yeah that's why we overcame Inter and Roma in the league, because they were focusing in CL.. Milan is not a team that can't compete both in CL or Seire A, this is not the reason they failed in Serie A, their idiocy and their transfer campaign was the reason for that.

And ofcourse Milan will get stronger next season, we already know their transfer targets for next season, but they have to spend more money to convince the likes of Ronaldinho to play for Milan without a CL for the first year, if you know what I mean.
    You say this why? Because they have been performing oh so brilliantly in the past few years in both competition? In fact, if there was any team that needed a break from competing in both competitons, it would have to be Milan, in case you haven't noticed, they aren't very young. By the way, if you fail to see that we had a huge advantage because we didn't need to play in the C.L then you must be in denial bro.

They won't have a problem with the money, trust me. They will get what they want with or without a C.L spot.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    I just don't wanna see the faces of Inzaghi and Seedorf in CL for one year, is that too much to ask?
    I want a break from luckyass last minute tie winners from deflections, is that too much to ask?
    I want to watch a CL match without Gattuso barking for 95 minutes, is that too much to ask?

Fuck our rivals and anyone who ever supports them unless it's in benefit of JUVENTUS!

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    You say this why? Because they have been performing oh so brilliantly in the past few years in both competition? In fact, if there was any team that needed a break from competing in both competitons, it would have to be Milan, in case you haven't noticed, they aren't very young. By the way, if you fail to see that we had a huge advantage because we didn't need to play in the C.L then you must be in denial bro.
    yeah, but you didn't say that for Fiorentina, they took that advantage too eh ;)
    I am not totally disagreeing with what you are saying, like I said, it's their transfer
    campaign that let them suffer this year. They didn't bring the players they needed, but this doesn't mean that they can't compete with us in Serie A next season, if they qualify for the CL, that's where you are wrong. They will, because they know they have to bring the players they need. But if they don't qualify for the CL, they might not get the top 3 of their list (let's say), because those players would prefer to move to Juve or other team that plays directly in the CL, I keep saying the same things again, I hope you got my point this time.

They won't have a problem with the money, trust me. They will get what they want with or without a C.L spot.
    That is also true, but this doesn't mean they will pay a salary of 15 Million to convince those stars instead of 7 mil. They will always have the financial power supported by Berlusconi, but they will always will try their best to invest it wisely.

rounder

Blindman
    Jun 13, 2007
    yeah, but you didn't say that for Fiorentina, they took that advantage too eh ;)
    I am not totally disagreeing with what you are saying, like I said, it's their transfer
    campaign that let them suffer this year. They didn't bring the players they needed, but this doesn't mean that they can't compete with us in Serie A next season, if they don't qualify for the CL, that's where you are wrong. They will, because they know they have to bring the players they need. But if they don't qualify for the CL, they might not get the top 3 of their list (let's say), because those players would prefer to move to Juve or other team that plays directly in the CL, I keep saying the same things again, I hope you got my point this time.

That is also true, but this doesn't mean they will pay a salary of 15 Million to convince those stars instead of 7 mil. They will always have the financial power supported by Berlusconi, but they will always will try their best to invest it wisely.
    Emm.. I never said that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)