[SERIE A] Siena 0-1 JUVENTUS (18-Sep-2011) (3 Viewers)

Man of the match?

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Grosso

• Vidal

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Of course that's true for great teams. They play one bad match in five matches but they manage to win it.

I was talking about Juventus. We are not a great team that plays only 1 bad match out of 5. We play 7 bad out of 10 and we win only 2-3 of them. I think at this stage of the season performance counts even more than the result because good result from a bad performance was deceiving in the last two seasons since it was followed by two defeats in the next two bad performances. I want to first see huge improvement in our play and only then the result will be the icing on the cake. I have enough experience with Juve not to be too happy about today's win.
you can't apply the same thing to this juve because it is a fresh start for us (yeah i know how many times have we said this..) so judging the team after 2 games that is missing many players and many are stilling gelling is not fair.

i understand you concern and would normally agree with it if this was midseason or heck, freaking late october, but it is too early to tell. we still (and i beleive conte as well) don't know who our starters will be..

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Okay-ish performance.

Pretty much in control throughout, but barely looked like making a chance in the first half. Goal was nicely worked, though, and Juve should have got another late on.

Thought Grosso did well, given that he can't be anything like being really match fit/sharp.

Good game from Barzagli, too.

Still, after last season, it's nice to see a game in which Juve controlled the tempo and didn't give any clear chances to the opposition.

Even when chances weren't forthcoming, they stayed patient. Last season they would have tried to force things and ended up giving away a goal on the counter.

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
Okay-ish performance.

Pretty much in control throughout, but barely looked like making a chance in the first half. Goal was nicely worked, though, and Juve should have got another late on.

Thought Grosso did well, given that he can't be anything like being really match fit/sharp.

Good game from Barzagli, too.

Still, after last season, it's nice to see a game in which Juve controlled the tempo and didn't give any clear chances to the opposition.

Even when chances weren't forthcoming, they stayed patient. Last season they would have tried to force things and ended up giving away a goal on the counter.
Very true. To put it short they were in control and won ugly. These games happen to every team be it a mid table or world beater.

I think a true evaluation on this team as a whole will come around Christmas time. Just in time to make some reinforcements

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Do you watch all Juve games Red?
No.

I don't make a point of staying in to watch them, but I'll have a look if I've nothing else on.

Made a point of finding a stream for this one, as I was curious to see what they were up to, having not seen them this season, since I was in Edinburgh for the Aberdeen game when Juve played Parma.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
No.

I don't make a point of staying in to watch them, but I'll have a look if I've nothing else on.

Made a point of finding a stream for this one, as I was curious to see what they were up to, having not seen them this season, since I was in Edinburgh for the Aberdeen game when Juve played Parma.
Complete contrast between the two games, you picked the worse for entertainment but then when you look at the stats we played a very solid game this one, just lacked magic upfront. Will you watch Juve Wednesday?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Complete contrast between the two games, you picked the worse for entertainment but then when you look at the stats we played a very solid game this one, just lacked magic upfront.
Doesn't matter as I'm not going to judge on one game.

Just starting to get an idea of the shape of the team and the pattern of play.

Will you watch Juve Wednesday?
Dunno.

If I'm at home I'd guess I'll have half and eye on Milan-Udinese on TV and half an eye on the Juve game online.

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
So you like players when they play well and don't like when they are off form?

You must have disliked a lot of Juve players over the last few years.
"Off form"? Krasic is not off form. That IS Krasic.
When he first came in to Serie A his style of play was not well-know by the league defenders. Now everybody
knows how Krasic plays.

As for the other players, I don't like anyone who would be "off form" for more than 6-8 months.
Because that means they are not off form, but rather that's how they play actually.

delpiero4life

Mar 23, 2010
Pepe really wasn't as bad as everyone is winging about. He set up our goal and did alot of tracking back. Yes he is not decisive and shouldn't start.

Marchisio is just a guy that gets the ball and passes it back or horizontally- rarely a decisive or creative pass.

Vucinic looked very tired he will improve.

I dont understand why Krasic has been on the bench for the last 2 games?

Solid defense!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)